Zopa is transforming the way consumers borrow and save money. We are the leading peer-to-peer lending company in Europe, delivering better value than traditional banks. More than 65,000 people have loaned over £1.9 billion through Zopa since our launch in 2005, and we are regularly featured in the press as an innovator in our sector.
We’ve been voted ‘Most Trusted Personal Loan Provider’ in the Moneywise Customer Awards for the past 7 years in a row.
We are looking for a ReactJS Developer who can be the go-to developer for the entire stack of ReactJS. We like to work collaboratively and release features multiple times a day, so you’d be joining a fast-paced environment.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Define the direction of our ReactJS projects (They will all be new projects!)
- Lead the building of scalable, reusable and reliable ReactJS code
- Refactor existing code to meet high-quality standards (TDD/BDD, coding standards)
- Help maintain and review code that’s well organised and secure
- Build responsive and cross-browser compatible web UI code
- Integrate web pages and web services with Zopa’s backend APIs
- Drive the adoption of relevant new technologies where appropriate
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise best practices and solutions
- Share documents and knowledge both verbally and in writing
- Approach problems in a pragmatic and agile way
- Expert skills and solid working experience with ReactJS, Redux/Flux, Jest/Enzyme/Ava/Mocker, NodeJS/ExpressJS
- Experience working on big, challenging projects
- Proficient understanding of version control tools (ideally Git or similar)
- Good understanding of visual design, usability, web accessibility and SEO
- Familiarity with web accessibility
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- Attention to detail