We’re looking for a passionate, capable, hands-on mobile developer to help us kick-start our mobile app journey.
Our 90-day goal is simple: build the first MVP mobile app for Zopa, as part of a highly focused task force working towards a December launch date.
This role will require you to be hands-on and experienced in delivering mobile apps, from conception all the way to release.
You’ll be part of a small team and expected to lead the thinking on mobile technology, and will have the support of an in-house full-stack developer and dedicated designer.
About the team
In Pioneers, we help Zopa do things Zopa doesn’t do yet. Since we’re working on new projects, we’re looking for people who are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving really hard problems collaboratively.
We make decisions fast and move on, trusting data first and using sharp instincts and experience when the data falls short. We communicate and listen with attention, and connect the dots before implementing.
Next to health and relationships, a person’s financial situation is central to their wellbeing and we draw our motivation from making people’s lives better through fair, simple, and easy financial products.
As a developer, you’re interested in the problem, not just the requirements on a ticket. You’re as ambitious about the speed and quality of your work as our plans for new products and launches. You know that your impact is not measured in pristineness of code, but the result for the user. In a team, you’re highly proactive and speak up & challenge when needed in service of speed and quality.
Some of the things you’ll be doing day to day
- Working in a small, focused squad with a product manager, UX designer, and second developer on Zopa’s first mobile app
- Leading the technological delivery and decision-making
- Upskilling the second developer on how to develop for mobile
- Delivering full-stack, fast, semantically clean, MVP-ready code
- Asking the right questions to make sure we have all the infrastructure in place that we need to build fast and clean
- Multi-year experience developing mobile apps, incl. using native features, how to prepare an .apk for release, and optimising app size
- Strong in React Native, Angular, or similar component-based framework
- Comfortable working with backend APIs
- Ability to deliver high-quality code with accompanying test coverage
Bonus points for:
- Experience in financial services or a similarly regulated environment
- Previous experience in a small startup or other “lean” environment
- A proved track record of picking up new technologies and delivering things with them quickly
To show us you’re up to the task, we’d like to see links to examples of your work and any code that you’re happy to share.
“We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”