Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Server Support Analyst to join the company’s Server & Storage engineering team with a focus on ensuring technologies systems and services are reliable, available, up to date and compliant. The position requires strong technical knowledge in a range of systems across Virtualisation, Storage and Wintel to which will be used to define our strategy and future road map.
Although this role has a broad remit across the technology environment, specific skills in relation to Microsoft SQL Server and/or SharePoint will be key for the successful candidate to hold
The successful candidate will be working closely with colleagues across the Corporate IT Services team in London, US & APAC and the wider business in delivering critical IT services.
- Work within the Corporate Server Team performing the following:
- Technical high and low level designs and supporting documentation
- Assist the development of implementation planning and commissioning
- Provide guidance and expertise technology and project management teams
- Develop, maintain and manage supporting technology systems such as backup, monitoring and configuration management
- Work closely with the delivery management team to design and deploy systems in line with the Enterprise Technology Services strategy by improving service reliability, reducing cost and standardising corporate systems.
- Provide, on a consultative basis, technical expertise to the wider group. Develop trust and respect amongst Enterprise Technology Services customers throughout the organisation, especially non-technical groups.
- Develop excellent working relationships with Information Security and Compliance teams to ensure appropriate controls are in place, on a risk assessed basis, and are consistent with the Information Security Policy.
- Follow Change Management process and maintain responsibility for Corporate Server Infrastructure changes, including the planning and implementation of updates.
- Lead within the team on specific technology areas, specifically Microsoft SQL server and SharePoint.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within great service management and quality driven technical teams.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills. Capable of translating and presenting technology concepts to non-technical colleagues and customers
- High level experience of the following technology areas:
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Microsoft Windows Server and Services (i.e. Failover Clustering, File/Print Services, DHCP etc.)
- VMware vCenter/ESX 5.5
- HP Hardware (including blade services and storage systems)
- EMC Storage (Isilon)
- NetApp Storage
- Veritas NetBackup
- RedHat, Satellite and Puppet
- Strong/Expert level experience of the following technology areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience working within an ITIL style service environment. Preferably ITILv3 Foundation Qualified
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving and strategic planning – working with the broader business to identify requirements and propose solutions.
- Motivated individual, maintaining a positive attitude and dedicated work ethic
- Able to respond promptly and communicate concisely and effectively
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Ability to understand customers’ business requirements and operations
- Dynamic individual able to handle multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Confident approach, with the ability to establish credibility quickly within the IT teams globally and the organisation as a whole.
Reports to: Server Team Lead
Location: London, W12
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.
With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and nine distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for luxury companies who want to directly connect with their online customers.
The Group reaches more than 2 million high-spending customers and 24 million unique visitors through its unique combination of six multi-brand ecommerce sites, 39 Online Flagship Stores, 5 publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit ynap.com.