Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
An expert in relational database technologies responsible for the installation, deployment, alerting, monitoring and 24/7 operation of production systems.
The Database Engineers work closely with System Administrators working on deploying reliable systems using automation as much as possible. Generally providing ‘database as a service’ to many development teams in development, test and production environments.
A key part of the role will be supporting database related activities where required as the business converts to use of IBM Websphere over the next few years.
- Continually improving the tools and methods related to databases operations
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with technical staff in other teams
- Maintenance of automation code related to databases
- Ensuring high availability of database systems
- Creation of and ability to implement data recovery to a high standard
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Participating in an out of hours on call rota.
Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable people and communication skills
- Enthusiastic with an ongoing interest in technology
- Ability to empathise and listen to problems
- Able to explain technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Willing and able to work in as part of a team
Required Database technologies: MySQL, Postgresql
- Must have experience with replication – configuration, troubleshooting etc
- Useful: Oracle, Mongo, Tungsten
Experience with Linux based system administration and tools
- Comfortable in the use Git and experience with change management methodologies or concepts
- Experience with automation software, preferably Puppet. Ansible/Salt an advantage
- Competent with Bash scripting
- Programming experience, at least one of : Perl, Python, Ruby
- Familiar with monitoring and alerting technologies and concepts
- Experience with ‘Agile’ work flow methodologies
- Documentation skills
Virtual server administration
- VMWare, AWS
Reports to: The Database Systems Manager
Location: London, Westfield offices, Suite One
Hours: Core hours 10am – 5pm, flexible for 8.5 in total per day.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.