Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible fashion experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and disrupt the online luxury industry.
Purpose of role:
A senior member of the analytics and data science team, you will help shape how data science and analytics is used at Net-A-Porter Group. You will work with stakeholders across the business to run projects delivering insights, recommendations and data assets such as algorithms which help drive the company strategy. You will work with the data innovations team on developing new, richer and more accessible data sets to that make more detailed analysis possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer segmentation, aimed at deeper understanding of our customers and the broader industry as well as insights that drive improved customer communications and online personalisation
- Insight projects aimed at improving the wider business and service we offer to our customers
- Innovation in data science techniques
- Mentor junior data science staff
- Help develop the central analytics function as a best-in-class team in the business and the wider industry
- Stay on top of new trends in data science and analytics and work with the wider Data Insight team to help build a world class toolset for the team and the wider business
- Determine requirements from a range of business stakeholders and be comfortable presenting results back to them
Technical / Experience
In-depth knowledge of:
- Data Science techniques such as segmentation and regression, aimed at business insights
Significant experience with:
- Statistical packages such as R
- Data analysis tools such as Python, SQL, Hive
- Development of customer segmentation and attributes
Knowledge and experience of the following is highly desirable:
- Customer/Loyalty analysis
- Retail, ecommerce or the fashion industry
- Online marketing analytics and activation
- Personalisation algorithms
- Experience with NOSQL and cloud-based databases
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Mathematical or scientific degree
- Nice to have: post graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, data science, computing
Reports to: Analytics and Data Science Manager
Location: London, W12
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.