Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible fashion experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and disrupt the online luxury industry.
The Product Domain is looking to add to its Public Product API team, we’re looking for an engineer that’s has a keen eye for quality and enjoys working in a high throughput environment.
The team focuses on extending and maintaining our elastically scaling public facing Product API and building supporting applications around it.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Scala Engineer to drive delivery of services within our critical Product infrastructure. You will focus on driving business value in this area and will help set the bar high for our development practices, championing Scala and other technology adoptions within the team.
- Delivering high quality software at pace within a continuous delivery environment.
- An excellent ability to decompose complex problems into practical steps.
- Implementing, maintaining, and testing software and web services in an Agile environment.
- Working to implement and enforce best practices for software development.
- An interest in operational quality and a relentless focus on improving our operational capability and how we deliver software.
- Delivering the requirements of the sprint as part of a team.
- Ownership of quality in our software via code reviews, test reviews and architecture reviews.
- Technical leadership of software projects.
- Mentoring, coaching, and engaging more junior members of the team.
- Working closely with developers in other teams to ensure that our components function cleanly with consuming components and components that we consume.
- Building effective relationships with our stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills
- Ability to articulate complex delivery details simply to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Gathering and analysing requirements from Stakeholders.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback with others.
Skills and Experience:
In-depth knowledge of:
- Scala web service application development
- Software and Systems Architecture for XML and JSON web services.
- Patterns for building performant, scalable, highly distributed software.
- OO design patterns, multi-threading, asynchronous concepts.
- BDD and TDD.
- Working in an Agile, iterative environment.
- Scala Akka and Spray frameworks.
- Java language and common frameworks such as Spring, JDBC.
Significant experience with:
- Performance profiling and analysis of JVM based applications.
- Messaging frameworks and patterns.
- Database development (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Linux system basic administration.
- Testing frameworks and automation.
- Continuous Delivery environments.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing complex production issues.
Knowledge and experience of the following is highly desirable:
- Configuration tooling such as Puppet.
- Perl development.
- Ruby scripting.
- Software development tooling for CI builds (Git, Jenkins).
- Clothing retail industry experience.
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Location: London, W12
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.