Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
The Fulfilment domain is seeking an intrinsically motivated Technical lead to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Technology for the domain, you will own the architecture and technical direction of our warehousing, order fulfilment, and carrier integration technologies across the NAP Group. You will be responsible for setting the technical direction of these capabilities, outlining a roadmap that meets the strategic needs of the NAP Group and working with the relevant teams to assure their delivery through collaboration and influence.
- Working with developers, delivery managers, POs, and other domains in breaking down technical requirements into clear and well communicated deliverable solutions.
- Producing, evolving and refining the domain architecture for Fulfilment by setting the technical direction for the team, and representing the architectural interests of the domain to other domains within the group.
- Ensuring new and updated platforms are operationally viable and are able to handle present and future load requirements.
- Defining and agreeing relevant design principles.
- Driving the overall technical strategy for the current and any future states of the domain and helping to drive the adoption of suitable technologies within the domain.
- Assist with building a culture of incremental delivery and continuous improvement throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Engaging and directing any ‘Proof of Concept’ or prototyping of applications and solutions
- Raise and resolve any architectural issues/risks and issues associated with the domain and throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects.
- Using entrepreneurial thinking to create solutions through business process re-architecture and/or technology.
- Assist with the prioritisation of deliverables in conjunction with the Head of Technology, Delivery managers, and Product owners.
- Ensuring that delivery projects plan for all required technical governance, reviews, sign-offs and checkpoints
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to engage both technical and non-technical audiences of all levels.
- Be autonomous and self-driven.
- Take pleasure in driving technical and cultural changes through coaching and mentoring.
- A proven ability to understand customers’ business processes/challenges.
- All-round experience of a range of technology solutions and a good understanding of the full-lifecycle of enterprise delivery projects.
- Significant experience creating solutions through business process re-architecture and/or technology.
- Highly innovative and constantly looking for smarter improvements.
Reports to: Head of Technology
Location: London, W12
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.