Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
You will be a member of a cross functional agile team that delivers lightweight, bespoke content management tools for both business, end users and other technical teams across the Net-A-Porter Group. You will derive your work practices from the core values of simplicity and providing timely tangible benefit to business stakeholders.
You will have a passion for software development and an excellent understanding of how to define and deliver solutions iteratively and collaboratively. You will be involved in all areas of delivery, and will play an integral part in helping the team continuously improve, sharing your own knowledge, experience and insights to help them grow both as a team and as individuals.
- Writing, growing and refactoring testable object oriented software using the full power of today’s refactoring IDEs
- Structuring software and deployment architectures for scalability, reliability and daily production deployments
- Patterns of internal software architecture that encourage performant execution on modern JVMs
- Creating and maintaining developer-friendly HTTP-based APIs
- Agile values and practices (including Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to deliver innovative solutions to business problems
- Take a practical approach to delivery, applying rigour and just enough process to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Iteratively develop features, slicing work to get benefits and feedback early and often
- Proactively engage end users to help shape the products the team builds and regularly showcase features with business and technical stakeholders
- Measure and monitor production systems, including key data that demonstrates the value of the team’s deliverables
- Contribute to developing the team’s working practices and in defining the team’s technical direction
- Foster a culture that encourages knowledge sharing and working towards common goals
- Support the personal development of other members of the team
- Articulate your thoughts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Influence others by sharing your knowledge and views in a constructive manner
- Share your knowledge and ideas within the team and with the wider IT communities
- Build relationships with the team’s stakeholders and across other business and technical teams
Skills and Experience:
- Deploying distributed systems on a GNU/Linux platform
- Pair Programming
- Continuous integration, deployment and delivery
- Unix system configuration management tools
- Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
- Nice to have: AWS, Docker, Gulp, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Puppet
You will have informed knowledge and opinions about:
- Current choices for data storage systems and architectures, and the trade-offs inherent in them
- Benefits and drawbacks of using wide ranging application development frameworks
We’re also looking for candidates with the following:
- Pragmatism and an appreciation for simplicity
- Negotiation skills
- A great sense of humour and attitude
- Experience with developing Content Management tools is highly desirable
Reports to: Content Delivery Manager
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.