With the expansion of the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP retail, media and publishing platforms, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician in the Digital Asset Management (DAM) team. The Digital Asset Management solution will become significant in helping to implement the strategic technological roadmap for the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. This new role will be pivotal in supporting teams around the business with improving their creative workflow efficiencies and the management of assets.
The technician will work with colleagues to help maintain the DAM system and also assist and train users in how to effectively use the Digital Asset Management system, to manage and share assets, and support their critical business workflows. In addition, the Digital Asset Management Technician will be responsible for maintaining and evolving DAM workflows, and help integrate the DAM into existing systems via the API. Furthermore, this role will be essential in positioning DAM as the established central repository for YOOX NET-A-PORTER creative assets.
- Work with the DAM vendor to ensure the technical rollout of DAM is smooth and effective
- Provide technical support for DAM based queries at all YNAP locations
- Support and train users of the DAM solution, working with the DAM Administrator to maintain up-to-date training documentation
- Be the first point of contact for users of the DAM system, aid with their queries and direct them accordingly
- Work with business areas to identify needs and develop workspaces/workflows to suit their requirements
- Assist in the reviewing and testing of any configurations and/or customizations for the DAM
- Promote the use of the DAM system and provide support where required
- To monitor and quality check the ingest of digital assets into the DAM system
- Maintain and monitor an ongoing preservation strategy around the DAM system and the digital assets
- Be the conduit between third party video digitization company and YOOX Net-a-Porter around digitizing of any video archive material
- Work with the Digital Asset Manager to ensure metadata sources are mapped correctly, and that any outputs, (such as XML or HTML), meet business requirements
- Oversee the delivery of all third party assets delivered into the DAM, and monitor them to ensure they comply to the company’s digital object specification
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to foster good working relationships with DAM stakeholders
- Ability to present and communicate the functionality and benefits of DAM
- Experience of working within an IT technical helpdesk, digital media production or editorial systems environment
- A proactive thinker with the ability to be able to take ownership of problems
- Excellent administrative skills with an eye for detail
- Focused on excellent customer service
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadline
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new techniques and processes
- Focused on excellent communication and customer service
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Experience or awareness of DAM systems would be preferable
- Experience of working with Adobe Suites, Final Cut Pro and video files
- Knowledge of XML or XMP constructs
- Previous experience working with video files or an active archive project
- Consistent approach
- Ability to train
- Planning & Organization
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Communicating & Presenting
- Structured day-to-day working patterns
Location: London, W12
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.