Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
We’re busy changing the way we do our technical operations and looking at the way we build our platform to use virtualisation and cloud approaches more effectively.
We’re recruiting enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the DevOps approach to help us. This will involve automating everything, working closely with development teams and looking at new ways of doing things such as utilizing Cloud technologies. Working in a DevOps capacity means you’ll need some strong Linux system administration skills as well as understanding of development practices and an interest in continuous delivery.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in this transformation as well as supporting our existing infrastructure and deployments. We’re an Agile development organisation and are keen on working collaboratively, favouring communications and working together over segregation of duties. If you get enjoyment out of solving difficult problems, completing tasks and have a desire to improve things continuously then you may well be the person we’re looking for.
We use lots of different technologies and you should be enthusiastic to acquire new skills. Experience in one of ActiveMQ, Alfresco, Solr or ElasticSearch would be a bonus, but you’ll certainly need a background in Linux administration together with puppet or similar configuration management tools. Experience of working on large-scale web platforms is a must. You’ll need to work with Java, Perl and Ruby development teams, so some exposure to these would be beneficial as well.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work
- Running things – building, running, monitoring and adapting the YOOX NET-A-PORTER web platform.
- Collaborating – working in a DevOps capacity with Agile development teams to ensure the high availability of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP products.
- Improving things – Providing self-provisioning for Linux server builds and software deployments.
- Investigating new technology – Looking at new approaches such as IaaS and internal PaaS technologies as a way to simplifying change.
- Maintaining good processes – Carrying out suitable capacity planning, continuity planning, performance tuning and disaster recovery rehearsals to keep everything ticking along.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working on and supporting high volume transactional Linux web infrastructure.
- Knowledge of supporting and tuning OpenSource Java web platforms, including strong Apache, Nginx, Tomcat and mySQL knowledge would be beneficial.
- Significant experience of automated provisioning of Linux and configuration management, with knowledge of IaaS and tools such as Puppet, Vagrant or Chef.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring / trending platforms, such as Nagios and Ganglia, StatsD / Graphite or alternatives
- Excellent Unix scripting skills and ideally some development knowledge in Ruby, Python, Perl or similar. Knowledge of version control systems such as git is essential.
- Ideally, specific application knowledge of ActiveMQ / RabbitMQ, Alfresco, Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Experience with virtualisation platforms (Xen, KVM, libvirt), server hardware support and good all-round network knowledge as well as load balancing and firewalling
Reports to: Delivery Manager
Location: London, W12
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.