Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible fashion experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and disrupt the online luxury industry.
As part of our continued ambition to provide the highest quality of technical service and support, Net-A-Porter Group are seeking a talented Desktop Support Engineer to join our desktop support team based in our Distribution Centre in Charlton.
Reporting to the Desktop Services Manager, the Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for providing a high quality level of customer service & support to our staff based in DC1 and working remotely. You will have strong support knowledge of PC, MAC & Mobility technologies with a strong understanding of the ITIL Framework. The primary function of this role is to provide desktop support to the end users within DC1, with a secondary function to support, learn and develop in the arena of server and application support.
This role requires excellent technical, initiative and communication skills to ensure consistent delivery of services. It is necessary that a first class awareness of the environment across all platforms is understood and that this knowledge is articulated clearly at all times. It is a key requirement that regular updates of project progress and key activities are communicated to line manager. In addition it is imperative that service desk queues are monitored and updated in accordance with the service desk processes and assigned tasks.
Working as part of the Technical Services Team to ensure that all desktop, server, network and telephony components are monitored and available to meet the target of 99.9% uptime.
- Support for all Windows services and applications for desktop at DC1
- Support for all MAC services and applications for desktop at DC1
- End user support on all corporate platforms including mobile devices
- Regular maintenance and updates to all applications and desktop hardware
- Monitoring all DC1 desktop systems to ensure error detection as early as possible
- Ensuring the security of desktop and mobile devices
- Ensuring uptime of all desktop systems in line with any SLAs
- Providing regular progress reports to line manager
- Ensuring assigned service desk tasks are kept up to date and that support issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and alerting is in place for all relevant desktop systems
- Keeping asset and change management systems up to date at all times
- Documenting all work and ensuring measures are in place to allow others to pick up support and project work where necessary
- Quick learner and a ’can-do’ attitude.
Skills and Experience:
- Windows and Apple desktop and application support
- Virus Protection and Updates
- Security Patching
- Keeping all documentation and diagrams up to date and accurate
- Performing all daily checks consistently and resolving issues
- Windows 7, MAC OSX & Linux
- Office 2010/2013
- iOS, Android & Blackberry devices
Reports to: Desktop Support Manager
Location: London, SE7
Hours: 37.5hours per week with a 4on/4off shift pattern at peak periods.
To Apply: Via Website
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.
With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and 9 distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for leading fashion & luxury brands looking to offer their latest collection on the Internet.
The Group reaches more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, over 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion, through its unique combination of multi-brand online stores, Online Flagship Stores, publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit www.ynap.com.