Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
As a Delivery Manager within the Content team, you will lead and manage a team of multi-skilled software engineers dedicated to the ongoing development of our content management systems. You will own solution delivery and will be responsible for all aspects of quality and delivery in the development, testing, deployment and production support of software. You will understand and be passionate about developing and evolving our content management systems that underpin our vision for the company.
You will be an optimistic and positive force for your team and will thrive on helping to develop careers and foster lasting relationships. You will have a good understanding of content and systems that manage content. When you see something broken, you fix it. Your knowledge and facilitation skills will be relied upon to ensure the software meets the business needs. You will understand the importance of re-paying technical debt through refactoring and appreciate the trade-offs between tech debt and business focused tasks. You will be confident in challenging business requests to ensure you are continuously delivering the best possible outcome.
Reporting into a Head of Technology and managing the Content Technology delivery scrum team, you will partner with the Product Owner and other delivery teams to define and delivery the roadmap.
Commercial / Strategic
- Work with the Product Owner to translate business requirements into a realistic action plan
- Match the deliverables of the roadmap and what needs to be achieved against the capacity and capability of the team
- Maintain awareness of the needs of the customer during the delivery process
- Provide high level estimates to the Product Owner, measure the accuracy of those estimates and work to continually improve the estimation process
- Prioritise the order of work required to deliver maximum business value as early as possible
- Full accountability for the end to end delivery of software solutions
- Iteratively deliver software which achieves objectives using the appropriate agile methodology ensuring just enough process is used
- Lead the collaborative dynamic planning process
- Ensure all products are built to the highest level of quality appropriate to business objectives with performance, maintainability, security, operability and resilience in mind
- Ensure products can be deployed rapidly, frequently and safely
- Deliver a Minimal Viable Product as early as possible, avoiding ‘big bangs’ at the end
- Balance business needs for new features with the need to maintain/support existing systems
- Provide on-going applications and systems support where appropriate
- Effectively manage team dependencies when working across departmental boundaries
- Full accountability for team’s and individuals’ performance, management and development
- Support, guide and facilitate a high performing, multi-disciplinary team
- Measure and analyse team performance and continually improve
- Accountable for headcount planning with responsibility for recruitment and selection as needed
- Drive exemplary team performance especially during difficult and challenging circumstances
- Embed a culture of quality and continuous improvement ensuring customer needs are met and expectations exceeded
- Drive product and process innovation encouraging the team to identify new ways of adding business value
- Enable the work of the team by removing obstacles to progress, whilst coaching the team to become more self-organising
- Facilitate team decision making coaching and developing these skills within the team
- Build effective relationships with the Delivery Manager community, the business, key stakeholders and wider teams
- Actively engage with other software delivery teams and stakeholders to ensure understanding of the team/s objectives and the work being done generating commitment to goals at all levels
- Empower and direct your team to communicate with business users to gain information that will allow them to deliver the best solution
- Communicate with your team to ensure they understand the business reasons and value underpinning the work that they do
- Actively participate in the Delivery Manager community share and benefit from the lessons of other teams, bring in best-practice and leverage group capabilities
- Actively participate in relevant external technical communities, bringing thought leadership into the business for continuous improvement and your own professional development
- Actively communicate and influence upwards into the domain, Head of Technology and wider technical strategy
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in translating IT and business strategies into deliverable action plans – essential
- Experience in facilitating the delivery of high quality software solutions through teams – essential
- Experience in directly line managing team(s) – preferable
- Broad range of experience gained across software delivery (Testing, Business Analysis, Development, Project Management) – essential
- Experience of delivering value from Agile methodologies – essential
- Experience of building release plans and roadmaps – essential
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning & Organising
- Adapting & Responding To Change
- Communicating & Presenting
- Creating & Innovating
Reports to: Head of Technology
Location: London, W12
Hours: 9:30 – 18:00
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group’s luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.