Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manger to join our forward thinking, smart and stylish Front End technical teams looking after NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER or THE OUTNET website.
You will lead a multi-disciplined, highly skilled and motivated tech team, taking the technical strategy from the Head of Technology and working closely with the Product Owner to understand the wider business strategy and define the team vision. Working with our Principal Developer, you will be accountable for determining ‘how’ to achieve the agreed business outcomes, for iteratively delivering them and for optimising your team’s productivity and personal development.
Put simply, this is an opportunity to lead and support an incredible team who are working at the cutting edge of ecommerce.
We are in the process of migrating to a new technology stack, using agile methodologies to deliver our software. We love to regularly explore new technologies and ways-of-working, so getting complacent is not an option.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- You will enable the team to deliver new features and to support the platform, using the appropriate agile methodology, learning & improving frequently.
- You will lead a multidisciplinary team, helping all team members to grow their careers within the company.
- Working with the Product Owner, you will help to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories.
- You will match the deliverables of the roadmap and what needs to be achieved against the capacity and capability of the team.
- You will ensure that the team build solutions to an appropriate level of quality.
- You will actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in new ways-of-working from outside the company.
- You’ll share our obsession with mobile, applications and how to use social to delight our customers.
You Need to be Great at:
- Servant leadership, earning respect from your team and be willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Empowering teams to become self-organising.
- Clear, consistent communication.
- Facilitating meetings and team discussions, involving the whole team in group based decision making.
- Ensuring that agile concepts and principles are adhered to, while also being a voice of reason and authority.
- Showing great situational awareness, being the first to notice issues and opportunities, and then being able to exploit these to the team’s advantage
- Fostering a climate of transparency and openness, to grow and maintain trust in the team and wider business.
Candidates should have:
- Extensive experience working with agile teams, including experience with SCRUM and Kanban
- Experience of line management and coaching cross functional teams
- Experience building empowered and self-organising teams – including recruitment activities
- An understanding of modern software development practices and techniques (e.g. TDD and BDD)
- A strong understanding of Front-End Development within an eCommerce environment
- Experience working with a Product Owner and demonstrating the value of delivery
- Experience applying measures to support process improvement
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, particularly with stakeholders
- An understanding of build/deployment pipelines and associated tooling
Reports to: Head of Technology
Location: YNAP TechHub
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments for your interview please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.