About the Role…
- Working in our HQ in East London, as a senior full-stack developer, you are going to be part of a talented agile development crew in one of our tribes.
What we are looking for…
- You have a good understanding of object-orientation, SOLID principles, and their practical application.
- You have concrete experience on concurrent programming, a good understanding of how REST APIs work
You are comfortable working with a microservices-based architecture.
- You are skilled and always up-to-date in modern web technologies, you regularly apply TDD regardless of technology stacks.
- You have a proven experience working with agile methodologies and using agile engineering practices.
- Ideally, you are active in the developer community either via your open source pet projects on your GitHub account, your technical weblog or as a contributor to technical user groups.
- As part of the frontend and backend guild, you will be involved in the weekly training activities organized by the coordinators.
Other general requisites…
- You must have a good understanding of object-orientation, strong concurrent programming and an understanding of REST based architectures
- Specific requisites on the Java side:
- Excellent OO knowledge
- Excellent Java language knowledge
- JAX-RS, Guice, Jetty
- TDD JUnit/Mockito stack lightweight dropwizard-like
20% Innovation Time…
Here at Workshare we also offer all of our Engineering team 20% Innovation Time. This means you’ll have 20% free time to work on side projects of your choosing that benefit Workshare or the wider technical community in some way. That might be prototyping a new feature for the product, working on an open source project, giving a talk at a conference or sharpening your programming skills by learning a new language or piece of technology. We recently ran an internal Coder Dojo and everyone learned Node.JS!
What you get from us…
- A very competitive salary!
- An impressive training budget
- Work from home options (1 day a week)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days Holidays Per Year rising to 28 Days plus company paid bank holidays – 8 statutory days per year
- Medical, Travel, Life and Critical Illness Insurance
- Pension Scheme Contribution up to 5%
- Wellness program including contribution to Gym membership
- Vision care
- A fun social environment with great offices (5 minutes from Liverpool Street/Shoreditch/Aldgate)
- We run awesome team events (Football, Running, Swimming and a Yoga Club). Quarterly All-Hands meetings (Everyone from the business has drinks and food). Foosball and table tennis tables!