System Security Engineer, London
WonderBill (www.wonderbill.com) removes the hassle and stress of managing your bills and helps ensure you’re getting a fair deal. By providing a single place to view and manage all household accounts, we help you keep on top of your bills and manage your finances. Our product proactively provides tailored comparisons and makes switching super-simple, so you can be sure you’re always getting the best deal for you.
The current team size is just over 20 people including both technical and commercial experts (designers, developers, engineers, product managers, marketers and business operations). If you are looking for a company that will enable you to be hands on in a well funded, fast moving and brand new environment, as well as having a lot of fun, this may well be the place for you.
Introducing the Role – System Security Engineer
We are looking for a strong System Security Engineer that enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space who will be responsible for securing our website and app, along with the protection of our customer and third party data and information.
You will make our products secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security and/or systems engineering.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Proven and sustained experience within a Infrastructure/Systems Security or Information Security role
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems using open source technologies such as Vault.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database (Postgres) and operating system security (Linux, Docker)
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication systems, log management, etc
- AWS Experience, especially IAM & Monitoring tools
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Programming experience, in Go, Ruby (ideally) or other backend languages.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+ desirable but not essential
A package of salary, bonus and benefits commensurate with experience and market norms will be provided.
To learn more, visit us at wonderbill.com. WonderBill is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.