The tech team at viagogo is focused on building a platform that will revolutionise the way fans across the globe buy and sell tickets for live events. With buyers and sellers using our website and mobile applications in over 60 countries, 30 languages and hundreds of delivery and payment options, we’re constantly taking on tough, exciting engineering challenges – and we’re doing it at scale! We are looking for passionate, skilled Senior Developer/Team Lead who want to make meaningful, measurable improvements that impact millions of users.
How We Work
We work in a start-up like manner and we work in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often. The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we’re always trying to think outside the box. We hold monthly hackathons where team members inside and outside of tech bring their most creative ideas for the product; some of which even make it to production the same night!
Here are some examples of cool things we built in 2015:
- We built a notification platform (comprised of RabbitMQ, C# Services, SQL Enterprise) which handles thousands of concurrent changes every minute. This reduced the latency for sale notifications from hours to seconds.
- We built a scalable delivery pipeline that delivers notifications in real-time to website users (via SignalR) and iOS and Android users (via Microsoft Azure Notification Hub).
- We built a world class, hypermedia driven, RESTful API with outstanding documentationand several open source SDKs written in .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP
Skills & Requirements
Key Responsibilities include:
- Grow the team through mentoring & coaching, as well as hiring new talent
- Maintain a high bar for quality while delivering business value
- Liaise with business & technical stakeholders, driving product & technical direction
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as needed
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
We’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals so if you love the sounds of what we’re building and you’re not sure this particular role is the right fit for you, please get in touch.