Venntro is looking for an experienced QA engineer to join a team of highly skilled and technical QA engineers. The role provides an opportunity to work in a fun, modern and fast paced environment where the results will be measurable and visible to the whole team and business.
You will be deeply involved in all testing related activities and will be expected to work with limited supervision. You will be challenged to apply and develop your skills, encouraging you to come up with new creative ideas to test. More importantly you will own the testing function within your Scrum team.
- Writing automation tests in Ruby with Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber
- Commit to testing activities in Sprint by QA review of stories, estimations, planning and setup of tests
- Lead the QA activities in Sprints
- Testing assigned stories on features and fixes, including cross browser testing
- Participating in Stand-ups, Sprint planning and Retrospectives
- Liaising with the product owner, developers and customer representatives for clarity on stories, acceptance criteria and testing scope
- Suggesting QA process and technical improvements
Your key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of test automation scripting languages, preferably Ruby or any other object oriented language, using Cucumber/BDD
- Experience with agile QA practices and processes
- Capable of driving and steering in-sprint testing with little supervision
- Anticipate risks and issues, flagging them in time
- Experience working within a multi-functional team
- Ability to advocate a QA conscious approach to development from all team members
- Apply risk-based testing approach
- Familiarity with git and GitHub
- Familiarity with SQL
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
The salary range for this role is £45,000-£50,000 per annum.
Hours of work:
Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm but we’re happy to be flexible.
Our development team at Venntro powers the technology behind one of the world’s leading social discovery and online dating companies. Our products cater to a diverse range of lifestyles and interests, and are currently used by more than 60 million people worldwide.
We have development offices in London and Windsor and offer our team great working conditions. We encourage our team to grow through study opportunities, meet-ups and conferences and foster innovation with regular hack days. Perks include flexible working patterns, free snacks and drinks, private health cover and a great pension scheme.
To find out more about our development team visit http://dev.venntro.com.