We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic front-end engineer to join our growing team, working directly for our CTO (ex Facebook and Google senior engineer).
This is a unique opportunity to get into the rapidly growing space of FinTech, benefit from being one of the early employees in a well funded tech startup, as well as learning from the experienced co-founders. We’re rethinking how young people plan for and manage their financial futures, and this is a great opportunity to make your mark.
You would be working as a front end developer on our web journey, which is built in Angular2, so experience in the language is preferred, and some experience with front end frameworks is essential.
You will be working directly for the founders of the company – with expansion plans in place to grow the technology team over the course of the next year. This is very much an ‘in at the deep end’ role, and you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in alongside the founding team – you should be excited about the opportunities that brings.
- Passionate about building great software and willing to jump into all parts of modern technology stack
- A problem solver, who wants to deliver new products/apps/services and improvements to all parts of our technology stack
- Highly motivated to learn new things, and a lover of innovation
- A good communicator with technical and non-technical people, and easy to get on with
- Excited about the challenge of a startup – especially getting to help shape the business from a very early stage
You must have:
- A very strong academic background
- Either a degree in computer science, or at least 6 months professional experience working as a developer, or suitable side projects
- Demonstrable experience in most of the following (and willingness to learn the others):
Front-end design and prototyping
Linux, Docker, AWS, SQL
- A personal preference for getting things done, rather than talking about getting things done
You can expect from us
- A starting salary of £25-35k depending on experience.
- Employee share options.
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays.
- Clear objectives, regularly updated, with regular formal feedback.
- Whatever kit you need to be effective.
- Lots of social fun and events.
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on coaching and development.
You must live in London, and be able to work at our offices in Oval. Sadly we cannot sponsor visas at this stage
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a technical interview with our CTO, and a CV interview with our CEO.
We’re looking for a June / July start date, with a potential to start sooner if mutually convenient.
About Urban Jungle:
Urban Jungle is a tech first insurance business.
We want to turn the world of insurance upside down, and put the customer at the centre of everything. That means clear super easy buying, T&Cs, flexible policies, advice when you need it, and killer pricing.
We are particularly focused on making it easy for young people to think about, and plan for their financial futures. Join us, and help shake things up a bit.