We are looking for a User Interface/User Experience Designer to join us as we go through an exciting re-brand and build the next generation of Touchnote’s experiences in apps, websites and physical products.
About the Role
Would you be interested in a 3 month project to create brand new products, building the design of our Android and web apps while we go through an exciting re-brand?
This position will work closely with our Head of Design to create material design for Android and responsive design for our web application. You’ll construct the ins and outs of the products, from feature overview and prototyping, to user interface, transitions, layout and flow.
Setting yourself clear and challenging objectives and striving to achieve these with a real quality-focus and attention to detail will be important; we’ll want the right person to actively contribute and be undaunted by constructive criticism.
In this 3 month contract, you’d report to our Chief Product Officer and work with some amazing people to create brand new products. The team is close-knit and loves sharing knowledge too! And who knows, there could always be an extension of contract or full-time role available for you towards the end of the project.
- Ideally 3-4 years’ proven UI experience in the online space, with solid mobile app design experience on Android
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio and strong grasp of typography, colour, rhythm, alignment, balance, texture and layout
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator. Extra points for InDesign and Motion Design
- Excellent visual design skills with an innate understanding of user-system interaction
- Experience with lean methodology, ideally at a start-up
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
- Ability to present your designs effectively to team members
- Good understanding of consumers’ psychology, emotionality, and irrationality
- Actively considers the wider picture, identifying patterns and connections between issues/situation that are not obviously related
Touchnote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending service. We were ranked UK’s 9th fastest growing technology company, in Deloitte’s Fast50 2015 ranking.
Our mission is to become the most meaningful way for family and close friends to stay in touch.
We started in 2008 in London and have since sent millions of personalised cards worldwide. Our apps and website have been featured in the world’s leading press, in Google Play and iTunes, and on grandparents’ fridges worldwide.
Our app is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles and tablets as well as on touchnote.com.
Salary and Benefits
Our salaries are competitive based on experience and are open to negotiation.
All employees are also entitled to:
- 20 days holiday plus the week between Christmas and New Years to work from home, 1 week remote working and your Birthday off
- Fortnightly work from home day
- Company laptop (Mac or PC – you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, a free Tastecard and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunch fortnightly
- Team socials every month
- Free Touchnote credits to use our product
What happens next?
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we hope you will hit the apply button below.
We’d love to hear from you and are happy to answer any questions – feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for any other information you might need.
When you join Touchnote, you become a part of one of the UK’s most successful app start-ups, expected to grow rapidly in the next few years!