Do you want to join a highly performing agile team whose platform is democratising global surgery? We are looking for someone with a real passion for mobile development to join us. You will be helping implement features into both platforms of the app and also assist with maintenance across the whole codebase. You will be exposed to UI, networking, data persistence as well as opportunities to work on our simulation engine.
Touch Surgery is a technology start-up, headquartered in Clerkenwell, London. Founded by 4 surgeons and funded led by Balderton Capital, Touch Surgery is transforming professional healthcare training through software products, delivering a unique connected platform linking mobile apps with a powerful data back-end.
The existing iOS and Android apps have garnered rave reviews from US healthcare institutions and media including TechCrunch, The Guardian and the FT, and the platform is already generating substantial revenues, with over 1 million downloads. The company is now looking to build on this success through a rapid acceleration of product development and associated expansion of the London development team. We have a unique product and are poised to take a world-leading position in a hugely untapped market.
The team environment
The engineering team is a diverse but tight-knit group of dedicated people, working in an agile environment. We constantly reflect on our performance and work to improve processes wherever possible. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We have a sense of humour, are approachable, open minded and inclusive. We show respect and interest in each other and greet people with a smile. We are inherently curious. We are always thinking about how our actions can have a bigger impact.
You will have the following responsibilities:
– Write high quality code documentation
– Write solid code
– Shares knowledge of the project with team members
– Ability to architect small systems
– Fix bugs in all areas of their given specialty
– Drive test automation efforts forward
– Regular reviews of other team members code
– Train and mentor junior members of the team
– Work with product owner to prioritise technical debt reduction
– Raise impediments with the scrum master
– Keep track of task being worked on and make them visible to people outside of their team
– Suggestions and implement process improvements
– Offers helpful suggestions when planning and estimating work packages
– Helping write requirements and test cases where needed
– Able to drive stories to completion regularly in sprint
– Ensure releases meet the quality bar set
– A couple of years experience working in an agile mobile development team
– Strength in one platform (iOS or Android) and some experience in the other
– Confident in Xcode and Android Studio
– Experience with delivering app the Google Play Store
– Unit testing capability
– Experience improving continuous integration with mobile development
– Strong knowledge of version control such as git
Nice to haves:
– Knowledge of C++ and Python an advantage
– Market leading salary and benefits package to attract the best for our scaling company
– Play a significant role in delivery innovation inside a changing industry where your impact will be obvious and genuinely does change peoples’ lives!
– Work in a product with millions of users
– Work with smart yet kind natured folk with a shared purpose to be better at doing good
Touch Surgery is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team and creating an inclusive environment for all.