The Systems Administration team at The Foundry are primarily responsible for maintaining and supporting the company’s core infrastructure and systems.
You will be an existing Junior Systems Administrator or someone looking to start out in the field. You will have a keen interest in computing at both hardware and software levels – and be interested in learning more. You command a basic knowledge of computer Hardware, at least one Operating System and have a basic understanding of networking principles.
You will be in the first line, supporting staff in our London headquarters. Your duties will include triage of all support tickets, assigning them correctly based on type and priority. You will also assist in configuration and deployment of hardware to staff in the London office. You will also be expected to act as a point of contact for external service providers to assist in remedying system failures.
The role will be based in London but you will be required to travel and provide support for other offices on a regular basis.
You will be joining the Foundry’s Sysadmin team reporting to the IT Operations Manager. You will work closely with the rest of team, provide regular updates on progress and be responsible for the timely delivery of work utilising our ticketing system.
- Basic Linux Experience (Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Basic Windows (Desktop or Server) knowledge
- Understanding of Mac OS
- Rudimentary knowledge of basic networking principles (DHCP, DNS)
- Basic hardware familiarity (GPU, CPU, RAM)
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Well organised, self-motivated with good time management.
- Ability and desire to learn
- Supporting end users to a high standard
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Additional Bonus Experience
- Custom-built computers
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other configuration management systems
- Active Directory, LDAP
- Apache, Nginx, MySQL, git
- Switching & Routing
- High performance computing
- VR & AR Headsets & configuration