We are on the lookout for a DBA / Data Lead to join our vibrant, dynamic and collaborative team in based in our amazing offices in Farringdon, London.
Stratajet is the world’s first real-time private jet booking platform, changing the way people travel. With Stratajet, it’s easy to search, compare and book a private jet straight from your computer or smartphone.
Stratajet is a likeminded meeting of individuals – all of whom believe in making private aviation faster, simpler, and more accessible to more people. Founded in 2011, Stratajet has since grown to a company of 50+ employees with offices in London, California and Singapore.
The DBA / Data Lead role is responsible for the availability and evolution of the production and internal data systems. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience running production-level MySQL and/or Postgres database systems through a managed cloud environment (e.g. RDS, Heroku). The role will require;
- Maintaining and regularly publishing details of the data layer as a reference for the development team
- Leading development on changes to the data access layer
- Defining vision for evolution of the underlying data model
- Proactively identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Constantly striving to maintain consistency across all areas of our data library (from internal databases to the production-level repositories)
- Fluent in SQL: DDL, DML, DCL, TCL
- Experience managing production databases
- Experience leading teams of developers
- Significant experience turning SQL queries and making normalization / denormalization
Life at Stratajet
Pioneering: Be part of a movement to fundamentally change an industry, opening it up to more people than ever before
Ownership: Enjoy the independence and responsibility required to allow you to deliver quickly and effectively
Passion and talent: Work in a nimble, passionate and dynamic team capable of lightening quick manoeuvring and execution
Rewarding: We are a tech start-up, we’re unique in the industry and we reward with equally exceptional benefits