Stashbee is a marketplace for storage. Think Airbnb, but for boxes. We’re here to make it easier for people to store the things they care about.
Between moving houses, travelling a lot and living in increasingly smaller spaces, we found that we just didn’t have enough storage space. We tried using self-storage companies and found them to be super expensive, inconveniently located, and not much fun to deal with. We wanted to store our stuff nearby, with people who actually care, without spending a boatload of cash. So we started Stashbee to connect people who need storage with people who have spare space.
We’re a revenue generating startup, have had amazing traction to date, been featured in The Times, Daily Mail, Esquire and many more, and are currently on the Ignite Accelerator programme.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES
Our vision is that everyone, in every major city in the world, will be within 1 mile of affordable, easily bookable, amazing storage space. With that in mind, we launched v1 of the product earlier this year to give the world a better way to store.
Turns out a lot of people agree with us; we’ve now reached the limits of this first version of the product due to overwhelming customer demand. It’s time to start building version 2.0!
We’re looking for someone to work closely with the co-founders and a customer experience designer, and to take a lead developing the next version of the Stashbee website whilst also making incremental improvements to the current product.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We expect the next few months to be an incredibly exciting and busy time for Stashbee. We’re looking for a special kind of person of person to join us working full time at our offices in Shoreditch.
Skills and experience:
- A developer who is very comfortable with their tooling e.g. HTML5, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Ruby or Python.
- Strong web product development and project management experience, including deploying to users / production environments.
- Previous experience in a Tech Lead role at a startup preferred by not necessary.
- You can work outside of your comfort zone and have the ability and ambition to tackle unfamiliar tasks and learn quickly.
- You work well under pressure, can think on your feet, be proactive, and manage time well.
- You’re a good communicator who enjoys being in a team, with strong communication skills.
- You’re passionate about the sharing economy, entrepreneurship, and scaling a business with a big vision.
- You bring diligence, enthusiasm and commitment to whatever they do.
- You will regularly have excellent suggestions for the Stashbee Team Spotify Playlist, and can contribute terrible jokes/puns/anecdotes/GIFs to the team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary + Equity options
- Be part of Stashbee’s exciting journey to completely change the way people store things. This is an incredible opportunity to learn & challenge yourself at a fast-growing startup as an early member of the team.
- Take on responsibility for developing the end-to-end Stashbee product in a fun working environment with a friendly, ambitious team.
- Take part in the prestigious Ignite accelerator programme (including extensive mentorship, investor exposure and socials)
Sound good? Tell us a bit about yourself, show us some of your past work, and tell us why you think you’d be a great addition to the Stashbee team.
We look forward to hearing from you!