Sparta Global aims to shape the next generation of tech talent by providing practical training for university graduates and preparing them to start work as junior tech consultants. After training them in software development and industry best practises, we place them on site with one of our client partners where they begin their careers in tech.
We are looking for friendly and inspiring people working in development/software engineering to join our tech academy training team. If you have development experience in web, test automation, network/platform operations, or any other area in software development, then we’d like to hear from you.
You need to feel passionate about mentoring and coaching others as day to day you’ll be training graduates and preparing them to start their first jobs in the tech industry. You’ll also need to be engaged by the latest technologies and have a genuine desire to contribute to the growth and diversification of the tech community. On top of delivering training, you’ll be developing new training material in your areas of expertise. In this uniquely hybrid role, you can also take advantage of working on projects through our consulting arm, giving you the opportunity to work with partners such as Sky Betting and Gaming, Channel 4 and Three.
About Our Team:
The team at Sparta is entrepreneurial and fun. We value trust, accountability and togetherness and our team is highly interdependent. We are looking for others like us, who enjoy working closely in a team. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and engagingly with our trainees. Most importantly we are all motivated by the goal to shape and nurture the careers of the next generation of tech talent.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Commercial experience in software development in any of the following areas: test automation, operations/platform engineering or web.
- Experience working in agile development teams and working knowledge of Scrum / Kanban.
- Knowledge of Mobile Device testing, including HTML5, Native & Hybrid application
- Experience working with Continuous Integration; e.g. Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience working with cloud datacentres and DB tools like Redis, MongoDB and SQL.
- An interest in mentoring and coaching others.
- Experience working with agile delivery teams that ship to production regularly.