About the role
Our Devops Engineers work in full-stack teams alongside server developers to streamline, scale and automate our game infrastructures. We’ve invested a lot to get where we are, but there’s so much more to do! We need passionate Devops engineers to dive in and take responsibility for everything from bug fixing on our stacks to solving some of the thorniest scaling challenges in the industry.
We believe that development and operations are a team that build and support great products together, so you’ll be working closely with some of the best server and client developers around.
Work with the Engineering teams to design and build great systems to run our games.
Continually improve reliability, performance and insight on all our services.
Develop tools and systems to automatically deploy code and configuration across environments.
Be part of a 24x7x365 operations team and be there to support high profile launches and game events.
Take ownership of issues and own them through to resolution.
Be a Devops evangelist both inside and outside the business and help maintain a healthy culture
We’re cloud and mobile native, so you’ll be working with a host of technologies that are leading the next generation of internet scale systems, and you have the chance to directly influence our current and future choices.
- Ubuntu Linux, Chef (LWRP, custom libraries, custom knife plugins), Amazon Web Services (including EC2, Autoscaling, Cloudformation)
- Ruby (including Rails, Sinatra)
Docker and AWS ECS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch (and ELK stacks), Redis (and Sentinel), Consul, Nginx, Jenkins, Statsd, Sensu
- Passion for operations
- Experience running things at scale
- Demonstrated proficiency supporting and coding in Ruby/Python/Scala/Go or another similar language
- Good knowledge of the AWS suite of products and their APIs
- Good knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues.
- A passion for open source technology, undertaking your own personal projects and learning new languages, tools and techniques in your spare time