Who we are
Songkick is the world’s largest artist-ticketing platform and leading concert discovery service. We help artists sell more tickets on their own site, on Songkick and across a wide range of partners, including Spotify, YouTube and BBC Music. More than 10 million fans use us each month across web and mobile. We are the biggest independent concert site in the world. We have sold millions of tickets direct to fans and sell more than 10,000 events each year. Artists who use our ticketing service include Adele, Kenny Chesney, Ellie Goulding, John Legend, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Mumford & Sons, and The xx.
Our team combines deep consumer product and technical expertise with a complete view of what matters to modern artists. We are veterans of Apple, Skype, Google, and Amazon working alongside a former member of Beyonce’s management team, a producer for the Wu-Tang Clan, various working musicians, and the person who literally wrote the book on the ticketing industry.
Our global team is spread across offices strategically located in London, New York, Los Angeles and Nashville.
What we’re looking for
Songkick’s platform supports high-demand ticket sales for some of the largest artists in the world. We also have a user-facing set of web and mobile applications with millions of active users.
We’re hiring an experienced engineer to help us deliver robust infrastructure to support these products. Our clients are demanding and we expect a lot of our technology too. This year we have ambitious plans for new products and extending our infrastructure to support them will be a major project.
You’ll work within the Tech Ops team to provide a stable and scalable platform, and our DevOps-style development teams will rely on your expertise to advise them. The challenges will be varied and you’ll be expected to work on data centre hosts as well as AWS.
We use continuous deployment and integration, and deploy to production many times a day. We have daily standups, work from a Kanban board, and have regular retrospectives. The working environment is collaborative and informal, and we need someone who can work well both delivering and explaining improvements.
You can see the technologies in our stacks at http://stackshare.io/songkick.
- You have extensive experience managing Linux servers (4+ years)
- You have considerable AWS experience (2+ years)
- You’ve helped build or maintain platforms for significant scale web applications
- You have a collaborative and responsible working style
- You understand how to write clean, maintainable code
- You understand at least one infrastructure automation software deeply (and have used it in production on scores of machines).
- You understand at least one programming language deeply
Big plus if you have:
- Worked with service-oriented architectures
- Worked in a DevOps environment
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Monthly concert ticket allowance (living the dream right here!) and an awesome team mean you’ll never have to go to a show alone
- Stocked kitchen and daily snacks
- Monthly team movie nights
- Employee stock options mean you’ll own a piece
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Life insurance and income replacement scheme
- Company sponsored social events
- Songkick is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all.