Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Full-time permanent
Salary: £50k +
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated lead DevOps engineer to join our strong, established and dynamic development team using Agile development processes. You should have a very strong technical background, an excellent record of designing, developing and implementing application builds and delivering solutions in client-focussed environments. You should have a sound grasp on best practices, and want to automate tasks as much as possible.
The main duties will include:
- leading project teams in developing/building IT solutions to meet business requirements
- working within our development team, installing and configuring solutions
- developing integration solutions
- planning and performing ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
- establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance
- oversees and assists with the support of test and production environments
- define DevOps and quality guidelines and standards
- provide technical expertise and consultancy services for our expanding client-base
- development planning and estimating
- carrying out peer reviews
- act as a champion for best practices and continuous learning
- working closely with the management team to develop our DevOps capability.
Our ideal candidate is conscientious, client-focused and able to work to tight deadlines, sometimes at short notice. You are reliable, self-motivated and able to work without close supervision. You are a technically proficient DevOps engineer with impressive analytic and communication skills; you are comfortable with talking to clients and enjoy the variety of working on different projects.
You enjoy being involved in the wider development community and will relish playing a pivotal role in helping to shape our culture and in embedding automation, quality and best practices throughout the development process. You’ll be sharing your knowledge of tools and techniques within the team and leading discussion about how and where to use them.
You are likely to be someone with a minimum of 5 years experience across the systems administration, development, and/or DevOps space, with exposure to the entire software life cycle. Any experience of enterprise-level applications and their integration with other systems would be desirable.
Technical skills and experience
Required technical skills and experience include:
- Working across cloud platforms particularly AWS (EC2 and Route 53)
- Configuration management and provisioning tools including Ansible
- Managing certificates for TLS and message signing using Java Keytool and OpenSSL
- System maintenance and shell scripting using a Linux platform
- Scientific or technical degree or relevant professional qualification
Technical expertise in:
- Configuration and use of system alerting tools including Zabbix
- Sound understanding of software development life cycle models and familarisation of software version control tools (specifically GIT).
- Experience of development methodologies, especially Agile
- Experience of working as a developer
- Strong analytical, written communication and presentation skills are extremely important to this role.
It is also desirable for you to have experience with:
- Loadbalancing using Snapt
- Shipping log files using ELK
Formed in 2007, Solirius are a fast growing IT consultancy with an expanding client-base from large government organisations to small start-ups.
We are based in London, in close proximity to Liverpool Street station. We work closely with our clients often from their offices, most of which are based in London.
We help our clients to manage large IT developments, providing advice on technical design, architecture and business analysis. We also provide software development services, building IT platforms from the ground up using technologies that match our clients’ needs.
We have a high calibre team and operate in a flat organisational structure, with every member of the team considered equally important, as each is an expert in his or her own field.
We offer an opportunity to learn new skills, work with a variety of clients on projects of all sizes and the chance to influence the future direction of the company and the technologies used across the business.
Some of the benefits Solirius provide to our permanent employees include childcare assistance, free mobile phone insurance, free fitness classes and discounts for gym membership and across a host of entertainment and retail outlets. We also have a pension scheme and advocate flexible working, including working from home.