We are looking for full time and part time technical architects who have a strong technical background and have a solid track record in providing solution design advice to clients. We are particularly open to providing small self-contained work packages to those architects who are willing to support multiple clients.
The role is for an experienced Technical Architect who will provide technical solution advice to a number of our clients. The role involves working closely with various projects, delivering technical designs for new applications, or solving issues with existing development work. We are often asked to manage existing suppliers or provide technical assurance. The projects we work on range from large SOA implementations programmes for the public sector, to small software developments for start-ups. We have positions for both application and infrastructure architects. We will consider architects who are willing to work on a part time basis.
Our ideal candidate is conscientious, client-focused and able to work to tight deadlines, sometimes at short notice. You are reliable, self-motivated and able to work without close supervision. You are technically proficient with impressive analytic and communication skills; you are comfortable with talking to clients and enjoy the variety of working on different projects. You are likely to be an experienced architect, with a strong track record of application delivery and possibly with a management consultancy or solution integrator background. Any experience of enterprise-level applications and their integration with other systems would be highly desirable.
Desirable technical skills and experience
- Scientific or technical degree or relevant professional qualification
- A strong record of application development with skills in any of the following: Java, .Net, C++, Python, web development technologies.
- Good understanding of database design and programming, especially using MySQL (Oracle/SQL Server desirable)
- An understanding of TOGAF
- Proven history of solution architecture delivery
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.