Solirius, a small but fast-growing IT consultancy and since forming in 2007, we’ve attracted a range of clients from small high-growth start-ups to large government organisations.
We provide technical design, architecture, business analysis and other skills to our clients, helping them deliver large and complex projects. We also provide software development services, building platforms from the ground up across a range of technologies and approaches.
We operate as a flat organisation, and believe in trusting and supporting all of our team to operate independently, making the most of their expertise in their field. We believe in giving everyone an opportunity to continually learn and grow in the direction they choose, and we actively help and support people to shape the career that they wish to have.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better.
We are looking for …
A Front End Developer who will provide hands-on software development across an agile team of developers. You will be responsible for working with the team to design, create and improve software products. You will be responsible for software delivery using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
What you will be doing:
You will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience of agile development approaches to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
This role will involve extensive interaction with customers, senior stakeholders, management and third party sub-contractors. Strong analytical, organisational, and presentation skills are essential combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to manage expectations and issues effectively and establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Essential knowledge of BDD and/or TDD software development practices and processes, including the championing/mentoring of the practice within the team
- Development of BDD and/or TDD scripts
- Ability to translate MoSCoW, User stories and story points into pragmatic solutions
- Capability of working to very tight timescales whilst maintaining quality product development
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms
- Demonstrate insight, interest, experience and drive
- Support the Product Owner (Service Manager) in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance; ability to work with stakeholders to document requirements as user stories.
- Ensure standards, such as continuous integration, automated testing and code quality are adhered to.
- A capable flexible team player, focused on removing blockers and delivering working software in line with the business owners’ direction
Essential technical skills and experience:
- A strong track record in front end web application development
- Agile experience, hands on in a multi discipline team working in rapid iterations
- Experience of wireframing and creating user stories
- Use of open-source libraries
- Cross browser development knowledge
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security
- Java 7/8
- GIT for version control
Desirable technical skills and experience:
- Micro Services development awareness
- Capybara / Selenium for acceptance testing
- Uses virtualisation for developing, e.g. Vagrant to build dev VMs
- Test Driven Development experience
- Familiar with domain driven design principles
- Experience with Bootstrap, JQuery, Initializr, Modernizr, SASS