If you are a talented, innovative and ambitious iOS Developer looking to play a key role in a successful and rapidly expanding start-up, we can offer you the challenge and opportunity that you are looking for.
You will be responsible for and take ownership of the entire app lifecycle right from concept through to delivery and post launch support.
Apps will be mainly content based and will speak with our hardware both over the Cloud (REST and OAuth) and via local Wi-Fi (REST and TCP). You will be expected to have experience in a multitude of frameworks and platforms with a proven track-record of delivering iOS apps designed to a high standard.
As a skilled iOS Developer you’ll be working on lots of different ‘Smarter’ projects, alongside the development of pioneering mobile applications.
Smarter Applications Ltd is a young Technology company focusing on the connected home. Smarter has recently brought the iKettle to market in the UK. The product has proved to be highly successful and has attracted attention from major retailers, national media and even been featured by TV and radio stations as far afield as the USA, Dubai and Japan! 25,000 units were sold in the first year alone. We have recently launched the iKettle 2.0 and the Smarter Coffee machine and are looking to sell 100,000 in our second year. We are launching 6 new products and growing at a rate of 16% month by month, with goals to create a billion dollar company in the next 5 years so are looking for an experienced and ambitious individual with the energy to drive the company forward. This is a genuine and rewarding opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Act as lead developer
- Work alongside the design team, sharing skills and technical knowledge
- Manage and deliver the entire app life cycle, including: concept, build, deployment, release to app store and maintenance
- Establish a detailed app specification
- Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems
- Work alongside UX/UI developers and the support team to conduct user testing
- Optimise the performance of the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Attend client meetings and events / conferences
- 3-4 years’ experience in iOS development
- Published examples of mobile applications on the Apple App Store
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and/or business products
- Experience with REST APIs and OAuth
- Experience with WiFi APIs and mobile-to-product communications
- Must evidence ability to program in a structured, logical format
- Experience working with Git and/or other version control systems
- Ability to use analytical data and user testing to inform design decisions
- A passion for new consumer technology
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong iOS OO design and programming skills inc Xcode (Swift, Objective-C)
- Expertise in one or more various SDKs and Frameworks such as: Angular/Backbone/PhoneGap/Knockout/Parse etc.
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience integrating with web technologies
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills