Exceptional Internet Economy Data Scientist, meets expert People Management. If you enjoy a hybrid role combining cutting edge Data Science that makes a real impact with supporting people to maximize their potential, we’d love to hear from you!
Data is the life-blood of Skyscanner. Data Scientists are our resident experts in applying scientific thinking, engineering, applied statistics & mathematics and experimental design. They lead and actively support our ability to execute an efficient Lean Startup cycle – Learn; Build; Measure. Our team is focused on applying the Scientific Method across two broad categories of problems within Skyscanner:
- Leveraging our vast wealth of data to Build more contextual, relevant products for Travelers and Travel Suppliers (our Partners).
- Ensuring we have the right data; insights and information to make the most impactful, scientific decisions in every aspect of our operations.
Our people are our strongest asset. Our team deserves the best support available to maximize their potential and to drive themselves and Skyscanner to the next level.
As a Technical Manager, Data Science, you’ll enjoy a hands-on hybrid role – combining cutting edge data science – that is highly focused on delivering outcomes – with the management and development of a world class team. You will be a product enthusiast with proven expertise in leading, managing and developing people towards reaching both their career goals as well as the ever scaling objectives of Skyscanner. You will have a passion for advocating change, innovation and data science best practice. You’ll mentor our data scientists and be actively involved in recruiting our future teams.
You will be an inspirational data scientist – translating business problems into quantitative solutions. You go beyond understanding the “what” happened to identify “why”. You will turn abstract concepts into concrete data models that are ready for production, driving adoption across Skyscanner. You will discover new links and correlations across disparate data sources and identify new knowledge, understanding and data product opportunities.
As well as our data science team, you will work closely with all areas of the business, providing data and thought leadership as we define the roadmap and deliver new features to the market. On top of all of that, you’ll have a hands on role in the planning, execution and successful delivery of state of the art solutions.
You can offer us:
Your own proven background in data science, proven technical leadership and management skills; a track record of inspiring your teammates with your passion and vision; a self-motivated working style; a flexible approach and communication skills in abundance.
We can offer you:
An excellent career move, the chance to work with and lead a team of ultra-smart people on cutting edge projects with the potential to impact on millions of travelers globally. A great working culture of collaboration and technical excellence. The freedom and autonomy of your own choices and what’s more you’ll have the space to be trusted to do what you do best and the opportunity to make a real difference.
Compensation – £Attractive Package inc Bonus, Options, Flexible Working (inc Home Country Working)
What do you need to apply?
- We’re looking for data science managers across varying levels of experience but we’re particularly interested in your proven abilities and flair for leading and developing people while collaborating and contributing in your own right
- As a minimum, a Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Machine Learning degree or similar is required; ideally experience in a web economy or other fast paced tech environment featuring high volumes of complex and occasionally imperfect data;
- Experience Developing, Deploying, Testing and continually improving Data Science solutions including tools, services and automated solutions
- Proven Expertise in Statistics – Quantitative Data Analysis including Statistical tests, Predictive Analysis, Trend Distributions