Your expertise as a Data Scientist will allow Skyscanner to reach new travelers and drive product innovations that improves the travel experience of millions
Data is the life-blood of Skyscanner.
Data Scientists are our resident experts in applying scientific thinking, engineering, applied statistics & mathematics and experimental design. They lead and actively support our ability to execute an efficient Lean Startup cycle – Learn; Build; Measure. Our team is focused on applying the Scientific Method across two broad categories of problems within Skyscanner:
- Leveraging our vast wealth of data to Build more contextual, relevant products for Travelers and Travel Suppliers (our Partners).
- Ensuring we have the right data; insights and information to make the most impactful, scientific decisions in every aspect of our operations.
You will be an inspirational data scientist – translating business problems into quantitative solutions. You go beyond understanding the “what” happened to identify “why”. You will turn abstract concepts into concrete data models that are ready for production, driving adoption across Skyscanner. You will discover new links and correlations across disparate data sources and identify new knowledge, understanding and data product opportunities.
As well as our data science team, you will work closely with all areas of the business, helping define the roadmap and deliver new features to the market. On top of all of that, you’ll have a hands on role in the planning, execution and successful delivery of state of the art solutions.
You can offer us:
Your own proven background in data science; a track record of inspiring your teammates with your passion and vision; a self-motivated working style; a flexible approach and communication skills in abundance.
We can offer you:
An excellent career move, the chance to work with a team of ultra-smart people on cutting edge projects with the potential to impact on millions of travelers globally. A great working culture of collaboration and technical excellence. The freedom and autonomy of your own choices and what’s more you’ll have the space to be trusted to do what you do best and the opportunity to make a real difference.
What do you need to apply?
- As a minimum, a Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Machine Learning degree or similar is required; ideally experience in a web economy or other fast paced tech environment featuring high volumes of complex and occasionally imperfect data;
- Experience Developing, Deploying, Testing and continually improving Data Science solutions including tools, services and automated solutions
- Proven Expertise in Statistics – Quantitative Data Analysis including Statistical tests, Predictive Analysis, Trend Distributions
- Clearly Communicating insights and complex information to technical and non-technical Decision Makers in a readily understood form
- User First – you are motivated by delivering continual improvements to travelers, partners and internal customers
Excellent Package including Bonus, Flexible Working (inc Home Country working), Options, Pension, Private Health and more…