Simply put, Skimlinks is an ambitious technology and product startup; building cool stuff, at scale.
Skimlinks builds highly transactional, high throughput platforms that connect publishers, merchants, and audiences; which allows some of the most popular sites in the world to efficiently and easily monetise their curated journalistic content. We partner with companies like Huffington Post, The New York Times, The Independent and Hearst to diversify their content monetisation strategies; which helps them create more of the excellent journalistic content that we all consume and enjoy, without relying upon additional banner advertising.
We’re also using our massive amount of anonymous behavioural data to create greenfield data platforms and products. We employ a diverse array of advanced Machine Learning and Classical Statistical methodologies to interrogate our dizzying amounts of data. Though our platforms, we possess a direct view of the browsing and shopping behaviours of over 650 million users; amassing over 1TB of data daily across over a billion incoming events.
We are actively seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our small, smart, fast-moving team; people who thrive in engineering-led environments with tough challenges. Whether you’ve built APIs; or systems that scale to billions of requests daily; or you’ve worked with terabytes of incoming data; or integrated with complex partner ecosystems; we have a lot of different problem spaces that you will enjoy. Our primary language is Python, but we look for amazing engineers and computer scientists (not just programmers), so we welcome and expect people to have a range of backgrounds – we particularly favour intellectually curious, polyglot engineers who have built platforms of high scale and high complexity and who love to solve hard problems.
- You will design, build, implement, and own systems across all parts of our platform; from high-volume data collection, enrichment and automated analysis, through to backend services and RESTful APIs
- You will work with Product Management and our commercial organisations to understand the needs of the market and our customers; and how they they can be translated into solutions
- You will craft innovative solutions to complex technical problems and making design decisions in line with our technical strategy and high engineering standards
- You should be keeping on top of the latest and greatest developments in distributed systems; the cloud; and data science fields.
- You will help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- You will be sharing your knowledge, and mentoring others in your areas of deep technical expertise
- You should possess a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- You should have deep experience building enterprise-grade software with several languages such as; Java, C#, F#, Scala, C++ or Python.
- You have flexibility and passion for evolving projects and innovating new products, in an environment with lightweight agile processes
- You are familiar with building systems that efficiently scale with very large data volumes
- You write clean maintainable code; you pay attention to details and edge cases
- You know SQL and how to integrate with and use a range of data technologies
A flavour of our Technology Stack:
- Google Cloud Platform