We’re looking for creative engineers who can make a difference through the technical designs they create, the code they write and their interactions within the team at SeedCloud.
SeedCloud operates out of London and New Delhi with projects focused in one of those development offices (we find distributing the work of a single project across multiple location negatively impacts the efficiency). The startups being supported by the SeedCloud incubator deliver data driven enterprise cloud solutions across sectors such as data analytics, big data and IoT.
At SeedCloud we encourage all team members to have a say in the design, architecture and technology choices. Free from legacy code we use the latest technologies and tools on the JVM. We keep bureaucracy to a minimum and steer away from unnecessary meetings and conference calls.
If this sounds of interest to you then please drop us a line and we’ll be more than happy to discuss the opportunities we have with you.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 years of solid commercial development experience in Java
- Knowledge of the Java stack – Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks
- REST, API design & micro-services
- Comprehensive automated testing experience, continuous integration
- Able to adopt and understand new technologies and utilise them efficiently
- Passionate about code quality and readability
- Permit to work in the EU and based in or around London
- Distributed cloud based systems, services and architecture, AWS & cloud platforms
- Email systems and the SMTP protocol, security and analytics
- Search and semantic technologies, Lucene, ElasticSearch
- NoSQL Experience, columnar/document databases
- Information and web mining experience
- API integration experience (Office 365, Google Apps and other cloud storage tools)
The SeedCloud culture
- We’re proud to be a ‘red tape’ free work environment, there is no strict hierarchy and everyone is encouraged to express their ideas for the benefit of the projects.
- SeedCloud has offices in London and New Delhi, working on a range of projects at any one time.
- We believe that life is too short to micro manage so working hours are flexible with results being our primary metric.
- We try and keep work-life relaxed and will often meet up outside of work for social gatherings. It’s good to connect over more than just the project and deliveries of software.