As a member of the platform team you will be working with our distributed technical team who are primarily based in our London head office (Holborn) but also working remotely (Berlin, Poznan, Skopje as well as home working). The role will involve shaping Secret Escapes adoption of DevOps and implementing key changes in infrastructure. Your day to day duties will include working closely with our development team to assist them with the operational requirements of implementing new and maintaining existing applications, optimising our delivery pipeline, maintaining and scaling our infrastructure.
Secret Escapes is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where self-starters have an opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the internet’s fastest growing categories. We’re a dedicated and passionate team who work hard to make things happen. You won’t find us standing on ceremony or worrying about corporate red tape (we’re fresh out of that stuff).
Our developers say
- We’re open to exploring and improving the ways in which we build software. We’re a team that embraces change and want to work with the best tools, processes and people.
- We socialize as a team. From team lunches to board games and LAN gaming, we have fun.
- We work closely with the business. We sit in the same space with the key stakeholders. You get to see the impact of your work right away and get immediate feedback.
- We believe in working with open source and giving back to the community.
- We have hack days are once a fortnight where we can work on projects we wouldn’t normally have chance to in our day to day.
- Professional growth is encouraged with individual budget available to be spent as required on training, conferences, etc
Your responsibilities will include
- Scaling our continuous delivery infrastructure.
- Process automation and monitoring
- .Site uptime, performance and scalability.
- Security of the production and development environments.
- Providing solutions for our developers to deliver features in a scalable and reliable manner.
What we are looking for
- People who are solution focused with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- A background in programming and experience with operations in a commercial environment.
- Strong scripting and automation skills in Unix/linux environments. (Bash, Python, Groovy or other JVM based languages).
- Knowledge and practical experience of scaling web applications.
- Experience working with cloud platforms.
- Hands-on attitude with a passion for resolving reliability issues and identifying strategies to mitigate them going forward.
Things you should know
We have a great range of technologies (if we do say so ourselves) experience with these is beneficial but not a requirement: Groovy, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Linux, SmartOS, AWS, Ansible, Fabric and others.
Our teams are named after some music greats and this role would sit in the Nirvana team… get practicing your best rendition of ‘Smells Like Team Spirit’.
We are a multi-cultural team with developers based in a few different locations, including Berlin (Germany), Pozanan (Poland) and Skopje (Macedonia). We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tool including Slack, Google Hangouts and TeamViewer which gives us flexibility to work from almost any location.