With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
What will you do as an Tech Portfolio Lead?
Reporting in to the Delivery Head, you will be responsible for delivering key strategic Tech programmes that are aligned to core business objectives. The Portfolio Lead will manage Ecommerce and Marketing Tech Programmes. You will be accountable for overall delivery of the programmes. Strong stakeholder management skills are essential for this, as you will be a key liaison between Tech and the key business stakeholders.
- Optimise programme delivery by continually looking for and evaluating improvements to the project plan and then agreeing with the project board and project teams the implementation of these improvements.
- Identify and implement the most appropriate delivery methodology for the project
- Identify and negotiate with managers for resources to fulfil roles at key project stages.
- Agree and set rules for standards behaviours, methods of working together and sharing skills and information at the project initiation.
- Produce project justification and initiation documentation
- Work with Business Solution Architects and other project stakeholders to draft and agree business cases, requirements document and solutions design
- Draft, consult and agree project plans with the relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and update project plans regularly, managing all project activities, scheduling, resources, and dependencies
- Collate, analyse and manage outputs from project meetings, checkpoint reports, project risk and issue logs, and change control process
- Calculate and manage project budgets
- Manage change, agreeing scope with the project board, analysing the impact of the change, and agreeing and taking appropriate action
- Manage project risk, issue and change processes
- Follow project and programme processes and procedures, ensuring process improvements identified throughout projects are fed back into the relevant improvement process
- Report progress of relevant project and programme touch points identified in plans to Project and Programme Boards
- Attend project and programme meetings, representing own project wherever required
- Monitor scope creep and re-scopes projects if necessary
- Background in retail/ecommerce organisations, particularly fast moving delivery environments
- Proven track record as a Portfolio Leader delivering projects within a omni-channel environment
- Experience delivering large scale (£5m+) programmes
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organisational skills, with an attention to detail
- Aptitude for creative thinking and problem solving
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to River Island values
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance
- Some familiarity/certification in project management methodologies, with the ability to tailor and flex those processes as required