Poppins is a London App that enables busy parents to search, book, review & pay fully-vetted local babysitters, even at short-notice. We’ve built our first version iOS app that has been submitted for review with Apple. We are currently in a closed BETA with our 500 fully vetted sitters and a selection of parents already signed up. We are a small team, looking to grow our Development Team on-site, and have recently won the Mass Challenge UK 2016 accelerator program.
We’re based in Tobacco Docks (E1) until March 2017, and somewhere central/East from April onwards.
Get up to speed with our V1 product
Help monitor the V1 product through the BETA period
Update the app to fix any problems that are found during the BETA period in preparation of a full launch.
- Providing an input into future product direction and functions
- Help in developing a roadmap for all functionalities
- Lead & further develop the product on a continuous basis
- Aid in the development of an Android version
- Manage other developers and liase with Devops
- Overall you’ll be working closely with our Head of Product and other engineers to develop and implement new features and product experiments efficiently and to deadlines.
Competitive salary with equity options
Must have skills:
Nice to have:
- Objective C
- rabbit mq
- Transformation engines
- Backend/database management
You will be:
- Passionate about iOS and all things mobile, with examples of past experience
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems that you haven’t seen before
- Able to step back and see the big picture, and to break tasks down into simpler forms where necessary
- Very good English communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Staying current with the evolution of Apple developer technologies
- An understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines & App Store Submission Guidelines
- An added bonus would be experience creating apps for Android
- Sociable, easy-going and a team player!