The Cloud Foundry engineering team in Pivotal London is looking for several great engineers to join us in building an open source platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software.
We are looking for either Software Engineers or Operations / System Engineers who want to learn new skills!
Watch this short video from the engineers at Pivotal!
Pivotal Cloud Foundry overview by Onsi Fakhouri
We are based in our brand new fully refurbished offices in The Bower, Old Street London.
You love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run. Maybe you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills.
Either way, you measure your success by the success of your team; you are dedicated to learning about distributed systems, and you are excited to work on open source and be connected to the open source community.
Cloud Foundry is an open source project co-developed with Pivotal Labs, a leader in the field of agile software development. We are opinionated about how software should be built. We pair program, all day, every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results and supports a cooperative learning environment.
We work in small teams and rotate between them frequently in order to help you gain a diverse set of skills, and to encourage cross team communication and cohesion. We are committed to working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus.
As part of the London team, you’ll be immersed in all the latest database technologies — From Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ, and more. A proficient understanding of these services, as well as VM and container technologies (Docker), is a plus.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- We are looking for people with either Operations experience or Software Engineers – but you must be interested in the other and be excited to learning new skills. If you have development and operations experience – amazing!
- We use Golang, Ruby and Java but you don’t have to have experience with these technologies – if you have great experience in other programming languages we can train you up on the technologies we use
- Experience and/or interest in: Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies, database technologies, and containerization
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- To make sure you start your day energized, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks/drinks are available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented, like-minded engineers who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly lunchtime talks, playing ping pong, and hanging out with their co-workers.
- We also offer benefits including healthcare, pension and equity in a high growth market.
We’re seeking more amazing developers that complement our London team. Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.