Our world leading online sports betting platforms have the proven capability to process over 49,000 bets per minute and we’re always striving to do more…. Are you up for the challenge?
This technical leadership role is varied, with a strong consultancy aspect to understanding team and customer problems related to areas including deployment, development practices and code build, and suggesting ways forward. Additionally, there will be a level of system and code development using a variety of tools including Java, Python, Maven and Ansible, primarily supporting key internal cross-company tools and services such as AWS, Jenkins and Docker systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer at OpenBet, you will:
- Lead the Operational Excellence Team on internal cross-company and client-facing projects, to research and deliver small scale development, and provide a consultative advice and training on best practice
- Work with internal and customer teams to advise on software delivery tools and techniques to maintain, review and support company-wide tools and systems
- Research tools and techniques related to continuous delivery, deployment and agile working including keeping up to date with changes across industry.
What can OpenBet give you?
- The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects to knowledge share our business continues to develop and grow, in a varied and challenging role
- Tangible career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
- And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
If you’re the right Senior Software Engineer for our Operational Excellence Team you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience with one or more major programming languages
- Track record of configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Maven) as well as expeirence of using Amazon AWS, Jenkins and Docker systems
- Exposure to continuous integration or delivery systems and techniques (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins, Travis CI, Codeship)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and a passion for technology
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences:
- Web technologies and internet protocols (ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- Experience with full software lifecycle including monitoring, logging and deployment
- Use of a source code management system (e.g. CVS, Subversion, Git)
Job posted on: 20/01/17
Closing date for applications: 28 days from job posting