We are Nice:
We are Nice. We love great technology. We love digital products that are intuitive, well-designed and delightful. We love ideas. And we love people. That’s a lot of love. We spend our days designing and building great apps, whether that be for Mobile, Tablet, Web or Smart TV. Chances are you’ve used one of our apps already, for some of our clients such as Channel 4, The Times, First Direct or the Trainline. We work across all devices using the latest technologies to create the best experiences. And we’re growing at an amazing rate. But that’s enough about us.
We’re looking for a great Android Engineer, to join our talented Engineering team; using a variety of innovative technologies and languages to work on our cutting edge mobile first products for our high-profile clients.
You will be working alongside other developers and designers in a dynamic and fun environment. You will be able to work quickly and accurately, taking ownership for your own work. An understanding of the process and challenges of working within an agency is essential, as you will be required to assist in understanding client requirements and specification along with the Product and Delivery teams. You will show an appetite for emerging technologies and ability to pick up new skills.
- Do hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations and write code.
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle using TDD and BDD techniques
- Work within an agile team (daily standups, weekly planning meetings)
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Provide technical insight into client pitches
- Have product-focused Android application development experience (Android SDK / Java skills)
- Have a portfolio of consumer facing high-performance Android applications and some personal apps available in the Marketplace
- Are proactive and are a keen learner
- Have strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Have a good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Have experience with third-party libraries and Rest APIs
- Have experience with gradle
- Have experience of version control systems such as Git/Bitbucket/Stash
- Have knowledge of testing with: Junit, Mockito, Espresso
- Are self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Enjoy working within a talented team
- Have excellent attention to detail and a passion for quality
Aside from a job at one of the most respected mobile agencies in the country and a competitive salary, we offer loads of lovely benefits.
We think it’s nice and important for you to learn from industry peers by attending the biggest and best industry events. In fact we actively encourage it.
We’re very food focused here, so naturally, we have an onsite sweet shop (for all your sugary needs), a Chef (who cooks a cracking lunch – with our free breakfast and fruit, you need never eat out again) plus a themed Tea Time (Tea and Cake) on all T-days. Of course, we’re a social bunch (well, we would be with a fully stocked agency bar), so Nice nights out are always a must.
Plus we have a Benefits Booklet full of nice things like:
- A Competitive salary
- 25 days’ Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Eye care
- Bespoke Development Programme
- and many more
So if you think you are ‘Nice’ material, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org