Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group which operates under a family of brands including PhotoBox, Sticky9, Hofmann, PosterXXL and, of course, Moonpig.com.
We don’t sell ‘off the shelf’ products … we’re personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team of developers working on Moonpig’s ambitious roadmap. This includes delivering new customer facing features, growing our existing SOA architecture and working with cloud technology. You will be involved in maintaining and improving the existing codebase, as well as working within an Agile team to deliver new features and products.
As a Moonpig technical team lead, you’ll be expected to take ownership of the technology and projects you and your team are working on, working with peers to maintain improve and add features to an existing transactional retail platform. You’ll understand the importance of developing, mentoring and expanding engineering talent within your team, and have experience doing so in the past.
To be successful, you’ll need a passion for developing products and services with a real customer focus, wanting each and every one of our customers to be delighted with what they have produced using the software and services you have contributed to. You’ll have strong technical abilities, be a great communicator and be able to self-organise and achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will have a strong track record of capturing requirements through collaboration, and a proven ability to produce high-quality, maintainable and reusable software within a tightly coordinated team.
Technical Team Lead Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the delivery of features and projects across the Moonpig Web Stack
- Architect, develop & test high performance, reliable and maintainable solutions that conform to clean coding standards
- Line manage, lead and mentor a team of highly passionate developers
- Continuously drive technical improvements to the Moonpig Web Stack.
- Work closely with other non-technical teams on current and upcoming features and projects.
- Constantly looking into new technology that can disrupt the market and promoting these ideas with the team and wider business
- Proficient in .NET v4.0/4.5/4.6 C# and Visual Studio 2015
- Proficient in ASP.net MVC and Web API
- Proficient in SQL server 2008 / 2012
- Proficient in unit testing (nUnit/xUnit)
- Experience in use of source control system, ideally GIT
- Proven track record of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of a dependency injection framework, e.g. Unity
- Excellent communication skills
- DevOps mentality.
- Experience of Line Management and mentoring others.
- Architectural level of technical experience.
Desirable Skills / knowledge / experience
- Experience with continuous integration / build management / TeamCity.
- Experience in highly transactional retail web sites.
- Entity Framework
- Experience working with Windows Azure or alternative cloud provider
- Experience of systems with service orientated design and asynchronous messaging patterns
- Experience with CQRS, Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing
What can we offer?
- A great working environment based in newly refurbished offices based in Southwark, London that is only an 8-minute walk to Southwark and London Bridge underground stations with Waterloo only a 15 minute walk away.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation with an ambitious and exciting roadmap and have a great team around you.
- Team training budget.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance.
- Yearly Bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life Assurance x4 Salary.
- Eye Care Vouchers.
- Interest free travel loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- PhotoBox account loaded with credit to spend each year.
- The South Bank, Borough Market and the Tate Modern on the doorstep.
- Oh…. and we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, Foosball tables, Coke and Nespresso machines in the kitchens, and monthly birthday cake/beer with a great social scene if you want it.