Yes, we have a jingle. Go on – sing it….
Hummable though it is, we couldn’t survive on a jingle alone. What customers love about Moonpig is the vast range of card designs, some funny, some sentimental, some beautiful, some risqué, some downright peculiar, that allow them to both express themselves and show they care.
In the UK we have a significant active customer base with Brand awareness at 73%. We have a very profitable business in Australia that has ample opportunity for growth and we are making our first tentative steps into the US marketplace. To date less than 4% of the Greeting Card Market in the UK is on-line so there is plenty of headroom to grow.
Often inspiration comes from our customers, who are endlessly creative with the cards they send and who genuinely engage on an emotional level with the brand. For our part, we are passionate about the quality of the service we offer. We do everything to make sure every one of the thousands of Moonpig products we ship each day, arrive on time and makes someone’s day:
Our mission is simple; Inspiring people to celebrate life’s journey by creating brilliant moments.
About Moonpig’s Technology
While we’ve grown out of our start-up roots, Moonpig prides itself on its innovation, and we hire only world-class engineers who can actively contribute to the evolution of our platform. We expect and encourage a real passion for breaking new ground, and cherish an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re a young, evolving business where our engineers are encouraged to think big, be creative and, through strong technical ideas, create elegant solutions that deliver a lasting impact for our customers worldwide. With that in mind, all of our engineers are expected to show an ability to collaborate with product owners to influence product development and roadmaps.
As we evolved as a business, Moonpig’s technology platform has grown to become an exciting and extremely fast-moving, quality-oriented development culture. We’ve already embraced Agile methodologies, and are striving towards continuous deployment and a devops way of working for all of our engineering teams. We’ll be making more and more use of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS to allow us to move more quickly to deliver solutions to our customers for the business in ways that work first time and allow a fast-growing business to continue to scale.
Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior front end developer working on Moonpig’s ambitious development roadmap. We are looking for a talented front end developer to modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels.
At Moonpig, our software engineers are responsible for designing, developing and testing new features, alongside maintaining and improving the existing platform. We work within an Agile team that takes pride in its output, ensuring code is high-quality and maintainable, and with a responsibility to own your platform and software solutions end-to-end. As a team, you will share in the running of operations for the features and services you deliver.
You’ll be working with peers to improve and add features to an existing transactional personalisation platform delivering key enhancements regularly. You’ll be at the forefront of our drive towards an innovative service offering moving forward with continuous delivery, and you’ll have a technical input into the shape of the future platform.
To be successful, you’ll need a passion for developing products and services with a real customer focus, wanting each and every one of our customers to be delighted with what they have produced using the software and services you have contributed to. You’ll have strong technical abilities, be a great communicator and be able to self-organise and achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have a strong track record of capturing requirements through collaboration, and a proven ability to produce high-quality, maintainable and reusable software within a tightly coordinated team.
In terms of experience, it’s not really about the numbers…
We are looking for someone with a passion for application design, and the ability to demonstrate technical capability and experience in:
- Application design paradigms such as MVC, MVP and components.
- Writing modular, scalable, maintainable, testable and cross-browser compatible code.
- SCRUM practices and worked within an agile development team.
- Usability and accessibility, preferably having worked closely with UX team.
- Experience working within an Agile team, and an advocate of that culture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Understanding of the SOLID design principles.
- Understanding of OOP design patterns.
- Interest in cutting edge technologies and practices, with initiative to introduce them when appropriate.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Experience developing software for a highly-transactional retail online platform.
- A thorough understanding of software engineering practises and best practises.
- An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practises.
- Experience working with ES2015.
- Experience writing code using the TDD paradigm.
- Any exposure to Angular.js or React.js.
- Experience with the HTML5 Canvas API / image manipulation in the browser.
What can Moonpig offer you?
- Salary – yes, we will pay you in real money not just doughnuts & popcorn!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical aid scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration (and a little bit of crazy) is encouraged
- Working with cutting-edge technologies on a product with an ambitious and exciting roadmap
- A great London SE1 location in between Waterloo and London Bridge, also very near to Borough Market, the Tate Modern & the Shard
- Oh …. And we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, a popcorn machine in the office, 2 Nespresso machines in the kitchen, brown bag pizza lunches, monthly birthday cake/beer and some fake grass if you just need to escape for a while!