Junior .Net Developer who is keen to learn more about cloud, devops and other development. The role will also involve an element of second line support (along with other team members) and learning/building on your TDD with the team who have a wealth of experience in agile and clean coding.
Moonpig.com is the world’s largest online personalised greeting card retailer. Founded in 1999 it now has almost four million active customers and ships over 14 million cards per year. The product range not only includes cards but also flowers, plants and a growing range of personalised gifts. In July 2011 the business merged with PhotoBox, creating Europe’s leading personalised publishing group with a focus on online retailing of greeting and gift cards and digital photo services, including printing, storage, sharing and publishing.
Together the company boasts more than 16 million members with approximately 7 million active customers in 15 countries. The estimated value of the combined group’s core markets – the UK single card market and the European online photography market – is more than £2 billion and is growing at 17 % per annum. The group had combined turnover last year in excess of £100m and is ideally positioned to meet the growing demand for innovative and convenient online personalised publishing solutions.
Role will include:
- Working with event/command cloud based solutions, primarily Azure services – E.g. Web Jobs, Web Apps, Service Bus, Blob/Table Storage etc.
- Developing & maintaining software connected to operating production factories and delivery systems.
- Acting as second line of support for legacy systems
- Using paired programming, TDD, Kanban, retrospectives, poker planning and other agile practices in an environment of continuous improvement
- Your own development in areas such as clean code, agile and other best practices
- A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
- Experience developing in C# or similar with test driven development
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedicated to learning and self improvement
- Experience working within an Agile and Devops team, and an advocate of that culture
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of software engineering practises and best practises, including Agile software development, source code control systems and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools
- An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practices
- Experience working with C#.NET, ASP.net MVC, Web API and SQL Server
- Experience working with the AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Experience of systems with service oriented design and asynchronous messaging patterns
- Experience with debugging systems
What can Moonpig offer you?
- Salary – yes, we will pay you in real money not just doughnuts & popcorn!
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Moonpig account loaded with credit to spend each year
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration (and a little bit of crazy) is encouraged
- Working with cutting-edge technologies on a product with an ambitious and exciting roadmap
- A great London SE1 location in between Waterloo and London Bridge, also very near to Borough Market, the Tate Modern & the Shard
- Oh …. And we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, a popcorn machine in the office, 2 Nespresso machines in the kitchen, brown bag pizza lunches, monthly birthday cake/beer and a lunchtime run club if you just need to escape for a while!