Yes, we have a jingle. Go on, sing it.
Hummable though it is, we couldn’t survive on a jingle alone. What customers love about Moonpig is the vast range of card designs, some funny, some sentimental, some beautiful, some risqué, some downright peculiar, that allow them to both express themselves and show they care.
Our range of cards combine well-known brands like Disney with cards designed by our in-house creative team. We invented the personalised card market and continue to dominate it, but we have also moved successfully into a broader gift market, offering beautiful hand-made flower bouquets, personalised mugs, t-shirts, wines and spirits, Montezuma chocolates, jewellery, soft toys and wall art.
We don’t all march round our office like Oompa Lumpas singing the Moonpig jingle, but we do have fun doing what we do. Often inspiration comes from our customers, who are endlessly creative with the cards they send and who genuinely engage on an emotional level with the brand. For our part, we are passionate about the quality of the service we offer. We do everything to make sure every one of the thousands of Moonpig products we ship every day, arrives on time and makes someone’s day.
Who are we looking for?
We have huge ambitions for Moonpig and believe our apps will help us change behaviour and drive growth. As a result, we’re growing our app teams and are looking for an exceptional app product manager who can lead the charge. You will have a strong digital knowledge particularly within the mobile landscape with good technical understanding of Mobile and Native app technologies. You will work closely with the product, development and UX teams as well as stakeholders across the business to build and support a range of product and service enhancements. They will dramatically improve key metrics such as customer engagement, average order value and conversion rate on the Moonpig apps.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ product management, has a firm grasp of agile development methodologies, and most of all, is committed to delivering a better experience for our customers. Like the passionate team around you, you will be obsessively customer-centric, determined to understand our customers’ interaction with all aspects of the product and validate enhancements through testing.
This role will cover all customer touchpoints on our apps, and will have critical input into the work to deliver the underlying services that support those propositions. You will create a vision based on analysis of customer behaviour and needs, gain buy-in from senior level stakeholders, define user stories and work with the UX and technical teams to implement valuable software increments to agreed sprint deadlines.
You will need to work closely with other Product Managers and UX/UI designers to ensure we deliver an aligned strategy and a consistent user experience across all of our propositions. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment where you will be expected to share innovative ideas, and use your influence to champion a product culture throughout the business.
This role sits right at the heart of the business and we need someone who will be able to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced ever-changing retail environment. Our future is bright and we want someone who can join the team and make it happen for us, whilst having fun along the way!
You will own the vision for an area of our growth strategy and define the prioritisation of features by working with senior level stakeholders across the business. You will act as a Scrum Product Manager and your responsibilities can be broadly divided into three main areas: envisioning, planning and implementation.
- Conduct analysis to understand customer behaviour, usability problems and opportunities
- Be an expert in key digital and consumer trends (especially mobile), identify innovative opportunities
- Undertake competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders (Marketing, Commercial, Customer Services, Production)
- Set a vision and key success metrics to track
- Define user problems and opportunities and propose product solutions to address these
- Use data to help inform business cases for new features
- Manage the prioritisation of features / bug fixes on a backlog and roadmap
- Provide the link between the customer (whether internal or consumer), development team, and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the product development lifecycle
- Develop user stories for use during agile development
- Closely collaborate with User Experience design teams, developing ideas, prototyping and testing
- Report on performance against key success metrics and drive improvements against these metrics
- Constantly evolve processes and resources to improve quality and speed of delivery
We’re looking for someone with a strong app product management background who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment. As a senior role at the heart of the business, you will be responsible for helping us define how we want to grow, whilst championing strong product principles that help shape everything we do.
You should be both detail-oriented and capable of seeing the big picture. Without being opinionated, you nevertheless have confidence in your methods and possess the gravitas to influence at the highest level in the business. You’ll also need a sense of humour and be adaptable. It’s a fun ride, but there will be some bumps!
Skills and experience
- Significant app experience (4+ years at least) as a Product Manager in a consumer-facing e-commerce environment
- At least two years’ experience of kanban/agile/scrum approaches, with a good understanding of the role of the product manager within the scrum team
- Experience working with and developing mobile native apps
- Skilled project manager with a proven track record of on time, on budget delivery
- A stickler for usability, always looking to improve the customer journey and acting as the voice of the customer
- Strong knowledge of web and app technologies/ UX best practice
- Experience tracking and analysing metrics, with an understanding of A/B and/or Multivariate testing
- Obsessed with metrics such as AOV, Conversion Rate, Return Visits
- High energy, always seeking new opportunities to enhance the customer experience and leading the pace of the product management function
- An exceptional communicator in both written and presentation forms
- Friendly and personable, able to deal with team members of all levels and work in harmony with the entire organisation