IT Support Analyst required to join an established first line support function within TechOps at Photobox.
We are looking for a versatile, customer-facing analyst with a good understanding of a wide range of technologies. The role requires someone with passion for support and a ‘can do’ attitude across all IT support functions. This is a hands on role with the opportunity to learn many different technologies.
What will I be doing?
On a day to day basis, you will be working on our service desk systems catering to the varied technical queries we receive from our users. This includes responsibility and ownership of tickets. The successful candidate will actively participant in the maintenance and administration of group wide Microsoft Windows Desktop, Linux and Mac estate.
What will I need to know?
We use a variety of technologies and the main technologies are listed below. We are a ever expanding and evolving function and encourage new ideas and change to streamline our processes in IT Support.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop (Windows server desirable).
- Good knowledge of Apple Mac client and server operating systems.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory/GPOs/DHCP/DNS/WSUS.
- Experience of using service management (ticketing) system such as LANDesk.
- Ability to learn Linux (Desirable).
- Good knowledge of networking including TCP/IP, subnets, FTP etc.
- Understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Printer support.
- Working within a ITIL framework.
- Familiarity with Dell PC & Server equipment
- Experience of PC imaging software for OS deployment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products and security updates/patches
- Familiarity with Symantec Antivirus software or similar
- Familiarity with VNC/RDP type software
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Methodical and analytical mind and able to organize and prioritize daily duties
- Able to work both as part of a team, and on own initiative as required
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure with general flexibility
- Administrations and understanding of Google Apps for Work.
- NAS/SAN (Desirable)
- MySQL (Desirable)
- Telephony experience – IP/PBX (Desirable)
What can we offer?
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration is positively encouraged.
- A great working environment based in Southwark, London that is only an 8-minute walk to Southwark and London Bridge underground stations with Waterloo only 15 minutes away.
- A chance to become involved with a great brand with an ambitious roadmap and be part of a culture that encourages innovation
The PhotoBox Group of Companies boast more than 19 million members with approximately 7 million active customers in 22 countries. The estimated value of the combined group’s core markets – the UK single card market and the European online photography market – is more than £2 billion and is growing at 17 % per annum. In 2015 the group had a combined turnover in excess of £215m and that represents a 22.8% year-on-year revenue growth and is ideally positioned to meet the growing demand for innovative and convenient online-personalized publishing solutions.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role
No Agencies please – we are recruiting directly for this role