Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group which operates under a family of brands including PhotoBox, Sticky9, Hofmann, PosterXXL and, of course, Moonpig.com.
The Moonpig team of c.150 share a large open plan creative hub in Southwark, SE1, whilst our 40 strong production team is split between our London NW10 (Park Royal) and our Guernsey locations.
We don’t sell ‘off the shelf’ products … we’re personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
In July 2011 Moonpig.com, the world’s largest online personalised greeting card retailer, merged with PhotoBox, creating Europe’s leading personalised publishing group with a focus on online retailing of greeting and gift cards and digital photo services, including printing, storage, sharing and publishing.
Role will include
· Working as part of our talented development team to help deliver Moonpig ambitious roadmap.
· Developing and maintaining Moonpig e-commerce website, API’s and back office systems.
· Connecting to and authoring new REST API’s.
· Creating automated test of new services.
· Working with cloud based solutions primarily Azure services – E.g. Cloud Services, Service Bus, Blob/Table Storage etc.
· Collaborating with the other developers in the team through paired programming, sprint meetings and around the tea & coffee machine.
· Your own development in areas such as clean code, agile and other best practices.
· A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
· 12+ months commercial experience developing in C# or similar ideally with test driven development / TDD
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Dedicated to learning and self-improvement
· Experience working within an Agile and Devops team, and an advocate of that culture
· Degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field
· A thorough understanding of software engineering practises and best practises, including Agile software development, source code control systems and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools
· An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practises
· Experience working with C#.NET, ASP.net MVC, Web API and SQL Server