Our Technical Product Owners are responsible for making sure our most important technical platforms and products feel loved. They lead the roadmap and metrics for the product and ensure that the team are delivering the highest value work to improve the health and capabilities of the platform.
We are currently going through a major investment in our technical platforms so you will play a vital role in helping us incrementally improve the quality, resiliency and capability of our technical products in order to set the foundation for MOO’s continued growth.
At MOO we work in stable, multi-functional agile product teams that deliver quality outcomes at a sustainable pace. You will be working alongside similarly experienced professionals in agile coaching, technical leadership and architecture to guide the delivery of our most critical technology products. You’ll enjoy understanding the varying needs of the teams that depend on your area and finding ways to deliver against them.
What you’ll do
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer needs and the technical architecture of the platforms
- Identify and track key system metrics to ensure that your product meets critical service levels
- Own and guide the improvement of technical capabilities, by improving your product and also working practices across the organisation
- Take a collaborative approach to working with peers across multiple teams
- Handle multiple competing requests and make value based decisions on the overall priorities for the platform
- Engage the whole team in developing the backlog and an inclusive approach to product
- Influence leadership and peers and guide strategic decision making that is sympathetic to both the needs of the customer and technical constraints
- You have a track record of successful delivery in a technical role
- You have an understanding of and appreciation for the Product Owner role in a multi-functional agile team
- You translate complex technical capabilities and constraints into plain English and balance the needs of multiple teams that depend on your team & product
- You enjoy working in an agile team and have experience using a range of agile approaches, from Kanban to eXtreme Programming
- You engage and inspire your team to deliver a roadmap that helps us grow
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all.
We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.
Highly Competitive with Excellent Package (Lots of holiday, 5% pension, flexible hours, and more)