MOO is renowned for providing a high quality physical and digital products, with an emphasis on great customer experiences. We work in a highly agile fashion, allowing our teams, which we call Crews, to self organise and adapt as they need to achieve business objectives. Our eCommerce Crew division focuses on the customer facing experience, including browsing the site, exploring our products and making orders..
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team, to help us round out the capabilities of our online ordering platform while maintaining our high standards of usability.
- You will be working as part of dedicated development team, following agile methodologies.
- You will be implementing solutions across multiple applications that are part of MOO web stack. This includes the moo.com website, its CMS and internal back office tool.
- You will be developing code against a range of internal web services with legacy and new implementations.
- You will be responsible for the security, performance and quality of your code. You will also be asked to review and help out junior developers with their implementations in the same regard.
- You will be working with multiple technologies, including but not limited to:
- HTML 5, CSS 3
- PHP 5, PHPUnit
- Java 7+
- You will be supporting the agile development processes and methodologies in the team.
- You will be expected to maintain incredibly high standards using any approach you see fit. This could be process based (e.g. code reviews), or by introduction of engineering practices (e.g. TDD).
- You will contribute projects suggestions, process suggestions (or anything else for that matter) to help improve the overall quality of the MOO codebase.
- You will identify and eliminate technical debt (with the established prioritisation and scheduling process)
- You will actively seek to improve process, tooling, architecture
- Proficiency in object-oriented PHP 5 with a modern MVC framework
- Experience developing AJAX- and non-AJAX-based UIs
- Experience in
- HTML 5, CSS 3
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Experience using distributed version control, e.g. git.
- Ability to carry out performance testing and diagnostics
- Ecommerce domain experience
- A passion for technology, code elegance, and web standards.
Nice to have:
- University Degree in Computer Science
- Active involvement in an open source project.
- A good understanding of agile software development practices.
- Experience with implementation and integration of payment gateways.
- Familiarity with modern development workflow tools like Bower, Gulp, Grunt, npm.
- Familiarity with QA Automation with Cucumber, Selenium/WebDriver.
- Familiarity with Java and/or Python development languages.
- Experience developing single-page apps
If you have the required skills then please submit an application and we will get back to you.