Who we are and what we’re doing:
Moneybox is a FinTech startup building an app that will make it easier than ever to save and invest.
Focusing on young people, our app enables users to round up their spare change into a Stocks & Shares ISA. So, when you spend £2.70 on your morning coffee, Moneybox will enable you to round up to the nearest pound and set aside 30p.
Users can choose from a range of simple starting options and begin investing with as little as £1.
We launched in September and have seen some really positive feedback from users and press so far. We’ve been featured in the Daily Mail, Financial Times , TechCruch, by the BBC and even on Lorraine, the ITV show!
We’re well funded, having received funding from some of the most recognised individuals in the investment industry and VC funds Oxford Capital and Samos Investments.
We’re building the team and want to grow our development team. You will work closely with senior developers who are well respected in the industry, so this is a great opportunity to gain lots of experience and play a key role in building a new fintech business. We expect that your work will be going live and impacting customers in your first month!
Our co-founders, Charlie and Ben, have a successful track record in consumer apps and investment management. We are currently a team of 16 based in CargoWorks, a co-working space near the Southbank.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a self starter and an all rounder in full stack development. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but a fundamental understanding of how things work is important as well as an attitude and mind-set to learn and motivated to develop your skills further.
You will be working with a small team to further develop our web API that is consumed by iOS and Android devices and that needs to support many thousands of users. You will be involved in building the platform and frameworks in place to connect with third party APIs to bring in financial data, make payments and execute product purchases.
There will be times where you will be working individually as well as within a team and you will get a chance to use the latest technologies as well as participate in technical design decisions and work very closely with the co-founders.
- Computer Science or related degree from a leading university
- Desire to apply this knowledge and rapidly build your skills
- Able to work both individually and as part of an agile team
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions as part of the prioritization process
- Interest in fintech and desire to work in a start up environment
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn by working closely alongside a group of senior developers.
- You will play a key part in building the Moneybox platform – you will get to see your work going live and impacting all of our users.
- Opportunity to grow with the team / business.
- Competitive salary + benefits.