Want to be part of an exciting tech startup redefining the retail industry as we know it? We want to hear from you!
MishiPay’s patent pending technology allows in-store shoppers to scan the barcode of any product with their phone, pay within the phone and simply walk out. Completely eliminating queuing at the point of sale, while ensuring security against theft with RFID and seamless integration with current retailer systems using Cloud Computing.
The position of Embedded Systems Engineer will need someone who is passionate about hardware and embedded systems while being great at learning and picking up new technologies. The role will require expertise in software and hardware while learning about RFID and other parts of the MishiPay solution. The role will push you to your limits and beyond and you will have to accept new challenges as they come along. This role will be very much within Internet of Things space as you will be combining the power of hardware and software to make sure the product is the best that it can be. Here are some guidelines on the role and who we are looking for:
- Design, build and develop new features and enhancements to existing embedded system in order to support more processes, enable easier integration and improve overall cost efficiency.
- Improve scalability of system in terms of both hardware and software.
- Take up new RFID based hardware and embedded systems projects for further developing the robustness and efficiency of overall MishiPay offering.
- Experience building embedded systems, preferably for commercial applications on a large scale with several integrations.
- Deployment Experience with IoT devices in external (preferably commercial) environment.
- Expertise in at least one Object Oriented Programming language, preferably python, with experience using REST APIs and SSH
- CAD and PCB design and fabrication experience.
- At least BEng or comparative degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Solid foundation in principles of electronics, with strong competencies in design, data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to take individual ownership of a project from conception to delivery while collaborating with cross-functional team spread across countries.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment, especially taking feedback from customers directly or through customer-facing team members to improve product.
COMPENSATION AND WORK LOCATION:
- We have offices in London and Bangalore. This job is based out of the London office.
- Remuneration, competitive and according to market standards plus a bi-annual performance bonus in stock and cash.
- Be part of a young, energetic team with loads of opportunities to grow.